- Comprehensively discusses the problems of fatigue in composites met by designers in the aerospace, marine and structural engineering industries
- Provides a general introduction on fatigue in composites before reviewing current research on micromechanical aspects
- Analyses various types of composites with respect to fatigue behaviour and testing and provides in-depth coverage of life-prediction models for constant variable stresses
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Introduction to fatigue in composites: A historical review of the fatigue behaviour of fibre-reinforced plastics; Fatigue test methods, problems and standards; Fatigue under multiaxial stress systems. Part 2 Micromechanical aspects of fatigue in composites: The effects of aggressive environments on long-term behaviour; The effect of interface on the fatigue performance of fibre composites; Delamination fatigue; The fatigue of hybrid composites; Non-destructive evaluation of damage accumulation. Part 3 Fatigue in different types of composites: Short-fibre thermoset composites; Woven-fibre thermoset composites; Fatigue of thermoplastic composites; Fatigue of wood and wood panel products. Part 4 Life-prediction methods for constant stress and variable stress: Physical modelling of damage development in structural composite materials under stress; Micromechanical models; A computational meso-damage model for life prediction for laminates; A statistical study of the fatigue performance of fibre-reinforced composite laminates; Analysis of matrix crack-induced delamination in composite materials under static and fatigue loading; Fatigue strength of composites under variable plane stress; Life prediction under service loading spectra; A parametric constant-life model for prediction of the fatigue lives of fibre-reinforced plastics; A neural-network approach to fatigue-life prediction; The fatigue performance of composite structural components; Fatigue of joints in composite structures; Fatigue in filament-wound structures; Fatigue of FRP composites in civil engineering applications; Fatigue in aerospace applications; Fatigue and durability of marine composites.
- No. of pages: 768
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2003
- Published: October 31, 2003
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781855736085
- eBook ISBN: 9781855738577
About the Editor
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Fatigue in Composites"