Table of Contents
List of Illustrations
Part I. Invited Papers
1. Oil Spills in the Alaskan Coastal Zone - The Statistical Picture.
2. Hydrocarbons in the Water Column
3. Dispersal and Alteration of Oil Discharged on a Water Surface.
4. Biodegradation of Aromatic Petroleum Hydrocarbons.
5. Biotransformation of Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Marine Organisms Indigenous to the Arctic and Subarctic.
6. Accumulation and Turnover of Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Marine Organisms.
7. Food Chain Transfer of Hydrocarbons.
8. Comparative Oil Toxicity and Comparative Animal Sensitivity.
9. Responses to Sublethal Levels of Petroleum Hydrocarbons: Are they Sensitive Indicators and do they Correlate with Tissue Contamination?
10. The Effects of Petroleum Hydrocarbon Exposure on the Structure of Fish Tissues.
11. The Effects of Petroleum Hydrocarbons on Marine Populations and Communities.
Part II. Contributed Papers
A. Biological Effects
12. Effects of Certain Petroleum Products on Reproduction and Growth of Zygotes and Juvenile Stages of the Alga Fucus Edentatus De La Pyl.
13. Effect of Crude Oil on Trout Reproduction.
14. Thermal Conductance of Immersed Prinniped and Sea Otter Pelts before and after Oiling with Prudhoe Bay Crude.
15. Effects of External Applications of Fuel Oil on Hatchability of Mallard Eggs.
16. Effects of External Applications of No. 2 Fuel Oil on Common Eider Eggs.
17. The Effect of Petroleum Hydrocarbons on the Survival and Life History of Polychaetous Annelids.
18. Cytological Damage in Mercenaria mercenaria Exposed to Phenol.
19. Interactive Effects of Temperature, Salinity Shock and Chronic Exposure to No. 2 Fuel Oil on Survival, Development Rate and Respiration of the Horseshoe Crab, Limulus Polyphemus.
20. Effects of Dispersed Crude Oil upon the Respiratory Metabolism of an Arctic Marine Amphipod, Onisimus (Boekisimus) Affinis.
21. Accumulation of Naphthalenes by Grass Shrimp: Effects on Respiration, Hatching, and Larval Growth.
22. Effects of a Seawater-Soluble Fraction of Cook Inlet Crude Oil and its Major Aromatic Components on Larval Stages of the Dungeness Crab, Cancer magister Dana
23. Molting and Survival of King Crab (Paralithodes Camtschatica) and Coonstripe Shrimp (Pandalus Hypsinotus) Larvae Exposed to Cook Inlet Crude Oil Water-Soluble Fraction.
24. Response of the Clam, Macoma balthica (Linnaeus), Exposed to Prudhoe Bay Crude Oil as Unmixed Oil, Water-Soluble Fraction, and Oil-Contaminated Sediment in the Laboratory.
25. Long Term Biological Effects of Bunker C Oil in the Intertidal Zone.
26. Biological Survey of Intertidal Areas in the Straits of Magellen in January, 1975, Five Months after the Metula Oil Spill.
B. Bioaccumulation and Metabolism
27. Studies on Petroleum Biodegradation in the Arctic.
28. Arctic Hydrocarbon Biodegradation.
29. Bioavailability of Sediment-Sorbed Naphthalenes to the Sipunculid Worm, Phascolosoma agassizii.
30. Factors Affecting the Retention of a Petroleum Hydrocarbon by Marine Planktonic Copepods.
31. Effects of Temperature and Salinity of Naphthalenes Uptake in the Temperature Clam, Rangia cuneata and the Boreal Clam, Protothaca staminea.
32. The Accumulation and Depuration of No. 2 Fuel Oil by the Soft Shell Clam, Mya arenaria L.
33. Effects of Chlorinated Biphenyls and Petroleum Hydrocarbons on the Activity of Hepatic Aryl Hydrocarbon Hydroxylase of Coho Aalmon (Oncorhyunchus kisutch) and Chinook Salmon (O. tshavytscha).
34. The Fate of Petroleum Hydrocarbons from a No. 2 Fuel Oil Spill in a Seminatural Estuarine Environment.
C. Distribution and Movement of Hydrocarbons
35. Interlaboratory Calibration for the Analysis of Petroleum Levels in Sediment.
36. Determination of the Leeway of Oil Slicks. Craig L. Smith.
37. Evaporation and Solution of C2 to C10 Hydrocarbons from Crude Oils on the Sea Surface.
38. Input of Low-Molecular-Weight Hydrocarbons from Petroleum Operations into the Gulf of Mexico.
39. Intertidal Sediment Hydrocarbon Levels at Two Sites on the Strait of Juan De Fuca.
40. Characterization of Volatile Hydrocarbons in Flowing Seawater Suspensions of Number 2 Fuel Oil.
41. Sediment Hydrocarbons as Environmental Indicators in the Northeast Gulf of Mexico.
42. The Stability of Emulsified Crude Oils as Affected by Suspended Particles.
43. Chemical Carcinogens in the Marine Environment. Benzo(a)Pyrene in Economically-Important Bivalve Mollusks from Oregon Estuaries.
44. Seasonal Variations of Hydrocarbons in the Water Column of the MAFIA Lease Area.
45. Distribution of Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Westernport Bay (Australia): Results of Chronic Low Level Inputs.
Part III. Panel Discussion on Research Needs
List of Symposium Papers Presented and Authors
- No. of pages: 498
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Pergamon 1977
- Published: January 1, 1977
- Imprint: Pergamon
- eBook ISBN: 9781483188157
About the Editor
Douglas A. Wolfe
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Fate and Effects of Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Marine Ecosystems and Organisms"