1. Introduction about failure Analysis
2. Fatigue delamination of carbon fiber-reinforced polymer-matrix composites
3. Investigation of the deformation behaviour of Epoxy based composite materials
4. Effect of strain rate on the failure mechanisms and energy absorption in polymer composites
5. Fracture failure analysis of natural fiber reinforced composites
6. Numerical and experimental analysis of delamination in Fibre reinforced polymer
7. Failure Behaviour of Bolted Joint Glass/Kenaf Fibre Reinforced Polypropylene Hybrid Composites
8. Failure Analysis and Optimum Toughness Design of sheep-wool reinforced epoxy composites
9. Failure Analysis And The Optimal Toughness Design of Sheep-Wool Reinforced Epoxy Composites
10. Edge crack affect on tensile behavior of diversified wood particulate composites
11. Cracks, microcracks, and fracture in composite structure: formation, detection, autonomic repair
12. Investigation of Mechanical Testing on Hybrid Composite Materials
13. Modelling Shock Waves and Spall Failure in Composites as an Orthotropic Materials
14. Development of morphing wing skin using reinforced shape memory polymer
15. Fabric-reinforced cementitious matrix (FRCM) composites: Mechanical behaviour and application to masonry walls
16. Failure Analysis In Hybrid Composites Using Industrial Wastes
17. Numerical And Experimental Analysis Of Delamination In Fibre Reinforced Polymer Composites
This five-volume set of titles focuses on advanced characterization techniques used for the analysis of composite materials developed from natural fibre/ biomass, synthetic fibres and a combination of these materials used as fillers and reinforcements to enhance materials performance and utilization in automotive, aerospace, construction and building components.
The books provide detailed information on failure analysis, mechanical and physical properties, structural health monitoring, durability and life prediction, modelling of damage processes of natural fibre, synthetic fibres, and natural/natural, and natural/synthetic fibres hybrid composites. They will act as a detailed reference resource to encourage future research in natural fiber and hybrid composite materials, which is much in demand due to the need for more sustainable, recyclable, and eco-friendly composites in a broad range of different application fields.
Written by leading experts in the field and covering composite materials developed from different natural fibers and their hybridization with synthetic fibers, the chapters provide cutting-edge up-to-date research on the characterization, analysis and modelling of composite materials.
Volume 1: Failure analysis
This book covers key aspects of fracture and failure in natural/synthetic fibre reinforced polymer based composite materials. These range from crack propagation to crack growth, notch-size effect to damage-tolerant design. The book describes a broad range of techniques and strategies for compositional and failure analysis of polymeric materials and products. It also illustrates the application of analytical methods for solving commonly encountered problems in the composite manufacturing industry.
- Contributions from leading experts in the field
- Discusses recent progress on failure analysis, SHM, durability, life prediction and modelling of damage in natural fiber-based composite materials
- Covers experimental, analytical and numerical analysis
- Provides detailed and comprehensive information on mechanical properties, testing methods and modelling techniques
Materials science and engineering especially polymer and composite technology, chemical and environmental engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 1st September 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia