1. Introduction about failure Analysis
2. Fatigue delamination of carbon fiber-reinforced polymer-matrix composites
3. Investigation of the deformation behaviour of Epoxy based composite materials
4. Effect of strain rate on the failure mechanisms and energy absorption in polymer composites
5. Fracture failure analysis of natural fiber reinforced composites
6. Numerical and experimental analysis of delamination in Fibre reinforced polymer
7. Failure Behaviour of Bolted Joint Glass/Kenaf Fibre Reinforced Polypropylene Hybrid Composites
8. Failure Analysis and Optimum Toughness Design of sheep-wool reinforced epoxy composites
9. Failure Analysis And The Optimal Toughness Design of Sheep-Wool Reinforced Epoxy Composites
10. Edge crack affect on tensile behavior of diversified wood particulate composites
11. Cracks, microcracks, and fracture in composite structure: formation, detection, autonomic repair
12. Investigation of Mechanical Testing on Hybrid Composite Materials
13. Modelling Shock Waves and Spall Failure in Composites as an Orthotropic Materials
14. Development of morphing wing skin using reinforced shape memory polymer
15. Fabric-reinforced cementitious matrix (FRCM) composites: Mechanical behaviour and application to masonry walls
16. Failure Analysis In Hybrid Composites Using Industrial Wastes
17. Numerical And Experimental Analysis Of Delamination In Fibre Reinforced Polymer Composites
Failure Analysis in Biocomposites, Fibre-Reinforced Composites and Hybrid Composites covers key aspects of fracture and failure in natural/synthetic fiber reinforced polymer based composite materials, ranging from crack propagation, to crack growth, and from notch-size effect, to damage-tolerant design. The book describes a broad range of techniques and strategies for the compositional and failure analysis of polymeric materials and products. It also illustrates the application of analytical methods for solving commonly encountered problems. Topics of interest include failure analysis, mechanical and physical properties, structural health monitoring, durability and life prediction, modelling of damage processes of natural fiber, synthetic fibers, and more.
Written by leading experts in the field, and covering composite materials developed from different natural fibers and their hybridization with synthetic fibers, the book's chapters provide cutting-edge, up-to-date research on the characterization, analysis and modelling of composite materials.
- Contains contributions from leading experts in the field
- Discusses recent progress on failure analysis, SHM, durability, life prediction and the modelling of damage in natural fiber-based composite materials
- Covers experimental, analytical and numerical analysis
- Provides detailed and comprehensive information on mechanical properties, testing methods and modelling techniques
Materials science and engineering professionals, especially those in polymer and composite technology, chemical and environmental engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 19th September 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Mohamed Thariq is a Professional Engineer registered under the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), and is currently attached to the Universiti Putra Malaysia as Director / Head of Aerospace Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), Faculty of Engineering, UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia. Being a Director / Head of AMRC; he is also an Independent Scientific Advisor to the Aerospace Malaysia Innovation Centre (AMIC) based in Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom. He has about 10 years of experience in teaching and research. His area of research includes Hybrid Composites, Advance Materials, Structural Health Monitoring and Impact Studies. He is also the Deputy President of Malaysian Society of Structural Health Monitoring (MSSHM) based in UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia.
Aerospace Manufacturing Research Centre, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Naheed Saba completed her PhD in Biocomposites from the Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia. She has published over 20 scientific and engineering articles in advanced composites, as well as one book and 8 book chapters. Dr. Saba’s research interests lie in nanocellulosic materials, fire retardant materials, natural fiber reinforced polymer composites, biocomposites, hybrid composites and nanocomposites.
Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia