- Size-dependent elastic properties
2. Functionalized materials at the nanoscale
3. Computational modeling in advanced composite materials
4. Thermal effects in nanostructured materials
5. Finite element modeling of damage phenomena in advanced composite materials
6. Computer simulation and theoretical prediction of nanostructured materials
7. Multi-scale modeling of polymer composites
8. Analysis of laminated shells and functionally graded plates
9. Design optimization of composite structures
10. Process-property relationships and modeling in composite manufacturing
Experimental Characterization, Predictive Mechanical and Thermal Modeling of Nanostructures and Their Polymer Composite focuses on the recent observations and predictions regarding the size-dependent mechanical properties, material properties and processing issues of carbon nanotubes (CNTs) and other nanostructured materials. The book takes various approaches, including dedicated characterization methods, theoretical approaches and computer simulations, providing a detailed examination of the fundamental mechanisms governing the deviations of the properties of CNTs and other nanostructured materials. The book explores their applications in materials science, mechanics, engineering, chemistry and physics due to their unique and appealing properties.
The use of such materials is, however, still largely limited due to the difficulty in tuning their properties and morphological and structural features.
- Presents a thorough discussion on how to effectively model the properties of carbon nanotubes and their polymer nanocomposites
- Includes a size-dependent analysis of properties and multiscale modeling
- Outlines the fundamentals and procedures of computational modeling as it is applied to carbon nanotubes and other nanomaterials
Materials Scientists and engineers in the field of polymer nanocomposites
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 1st February 2018
- Hardcover ISBN:
Prof. Francesco Marotti de Sciarra is professor of Structural Engineering at the Department of Structure for Engineering and Architecture at the University of Napoli Federico II. He is a council member of the Department of Structure for Engineering and Architecture and of the Interdepartmental Centre for Researches on Environment (CIRAM). He has been guest speaker at more than 60 international conferences, and is the author of more than 100 publications and 2 books chapters.
Professor of Structural Engineering, Department of Structure for Engineering and Architecture, University of Napoli Federico II
Dr. Pietro Russo is a researcher of the CNR at the Institute for Polymers, Composites and Biomaterials (IPCB ex IRTeMP) in Pozzuoli (Naples). He is the co-author of 70 publications in refereed international journals, 2 book chapters and more than 140 communications, mainly to international conferences.
Researcher of the CNR, Institute for Polymers, Composites and Biomaterials (IPCB ex IRTeMP), Pozzuoli, Naples, Italy