Offering practical advice on nursing care for the exotic pet, this much-needed resource provides everything veterinary nurses need on the subject — in one valuable book! Ideal as a reference tool for daily use in the clinical management of exotic pets, it applies information on the treatment of domestic species to exotic pets with coverage that is specifically relevant to these species. Providing a hands-on approach, a nursing focus, and a concentration on exotics, it includes discussions of common diseases, anesthesia, radiography, supportive nursing, administering medication, housing and nutrition for the sick animal, and international species.
- This one-stop reference tool is perfect for use in the daily clinical management of exotic species.
- Comprehensive information is presented on the day-to-day management of the more unusual patient.
- Practical advice is given on providing effective nursing care for the exotic pet.
- Unique Tips of the Trade are offered by VNs with experience working with this type of patient.
Introduction to Rodent Care
Introduction to Snakes, Lizards and Chelonia Care
3. Snakes and lizards
Introduction to Bird Care
5. Cage and Aviary Birds
6. Birds of Prey
7. Wild Birds
Introduction to Wildlife Care
2. Drug Dosages
3. General Information on Hand Rearing Mammals
4. Which food for which baby bird
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2004
- 5th May 2004
- Paperback ISBN:
Part-time lecturer in Animal Care, locum veterinary nurse
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.