The only drug formulary on the market created solely for the treatment of exotic animals, Exotic Animal Formulary, 5th Edition addresses the most common questions and medical situations encountered in clinical practice. Using clear, current recommendations on drugs, indications, and dosages, this text helps you find the information you need fast. Written by clinical and research veterinarian James Carpenter, it includes biological tables with details on therapies and diets, normal blood parameters of common species, venipuncture sites, differential diagnosis, and medical protocols for common conditions. This thoroughly revised edition includes coverage of antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiparasitic agents, along with new chapters on invertebrates, backyard poultry and waterfowl, compound medications, and more!
- Nearly 200 drug tables provide clear, current recommendations on drugs, indications, and dosages used in treating exotic animals.
- Biological tables provide details on therapies and diets, normal blood parameters of common species, venipunctures sites, and medical protocols for common conditions.
- More than 20 expert authors contribute to this edition.
- All drug information is reviewed for accuracy, ensuring that this reference remains authoritative and current.
6. Backyard Chickens
7. Sugar Gliders
12. Miniature Pigs
15. Selected Topics for the Exotic Animal Veterinarian
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2017
- 27th December 2016
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.