By providing the most radiography practice and placing it within a unique Q&A format with detailed answers and rationales to ensure comprehension, Exercises in Oral Radiology and Interpretation, 5th Edition, is specifically designed to complement radiography instruction throughout the continuum of dental professions. For more than 35 years, this go-to supplement has bridged the gap between the classroom and the clinic, providing hundreds of opportunities to practice and master image interpretation. It serves as a valuable adjunct to the core content presentation, with more than 600 images with case scenarios, plus examples, questions, and tips to fill in the gap in textbook coverage and prepare you for clinical experiences and classroom and board exams.
- UNIQUE! Hybrid atlas/question-and-answer format focuses your energies on applying core text content within hundreds of practice opportunities — both knowledge-based and critical thinking — to better prepare you for clinical experiences.
- Hundreds of clinical photos and radiographs allow you to see not only how images should be obtained, but also how to identify normal and abnormal findings on radiographs.
- 525 test questions, organized by radiation science and assessment/interpretation, offer board review practice.
- A back-of-book answer key contains detailed answers and rationales for each Q&A set within each chapter, in addition to simple answers for the board review questions.
- Comprehensive coverage of all dental imaging techniques and errors, as well as normal and abnormal findings, makes this supplement a must-have throughout your radiography courses, as a board study tool, and as a clinical reference.
- Emphasis on application through case-based items that encourage you to read, comprehend, and assimilate content to formulate a well-reasoned answer.
- Approachable, straightforward writing style keeps the focus on simply stated, succinct questions and answers, leaving out extraneous details that may confuse you.
- Chapter Goals and Learning Objectives serve as checkpoints to ensure content comprehension and mastery.
- Written by two highly trusted, longtime opinion leaders, educators, and clinicians in oral medicine and oral radiology, Bob Langlais and Craig Miller, this valuable instructional and study aid promotes classroom and clinical success.
PART ONE: PRINCIPLES AND INTERPRETATION
1. Basic Principles in Dental Radiology
2. Radiation Safety Health & Protection
3. NEW! Radiology Infection Control
4. Digital Imaging
5. Intraoral Techniques & Errors
6. Panoramic Radiography: Principles & Error Identification
7. Normal Anatomy
8. Materials and Foreign Objects
9. Caries Detection & Panoramic Bite Wings
10. Dental Anomalies
11. Assessment/Interpretation of Pathology of the Jaws
12. NEW! Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
13. NEW! Implant Imaging
PART TWO: SCHOOL, STATE, AND NATIONAL BOARD EXAMINATION REVIEW
Section 1: Principles of Radiation Physics, Health, and Biology
Section 2: Radiographic Assessment and Interpretation
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2016
- 19th July 2016
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor, Dental Diagnostic Science, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Craig S. Miller, DMD, MS, Professor of Oral Medicine, College of Dentistry, and Professor of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, is the director of the Externship in Oral Medicine Program at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry. He is board-certified in Oral Medicine and board-eligible in oral and maxillofacial radiology, with 33 years’ experience in the diagnosis and management of medically compromised patients.
University of Kentucky, Department of Oral Health Science, College of Dentistry, Lexington, Kentucky
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.