- Coverage of the field of excitatory amino acids from synaptic function to preclinical and clinical pharmacology
- Description of the development of NMDA (Nmethyl-d-aspartate) and non-NMDA antagonists
- Reports of potential drugs in early and late clinical stages of development
Table of Contents
- M. Schmutz, A. Arthur, H. Faleck, G. Karlsson, A. Kotake, L. Landwicki, L. LaRue, S. Markabi, D. Murphy, M. Powell, and D. Sauer, Selfotel.
P. Herrling et al., D-CPPene (SDZ EAA-494) A Competitive NMDA Antagonist: Pharmacology and Results in Humans.
J.D. Kristensen, Intrathecal Administration of a Competitive NMDA Receptor Antagonist for Pain Treatment.
A.G. Knapp, L.I. Matthews, and E.R. Gamzu, Clinical Experience with the NMDA Ion-Channel Blocker, Aptiganel Hydrochloride (CEROSTAT).
M.-L. Maccecchini, Development of ACPC: A Partial Agonist of the Glycine Site on the NMDA Receptor.
Carter et al., Ifenprodil and Eliprodil: Neuroprotective NMDA Receptor Antagonists and Calcium Channel Blockers.
D. Lodge and D.D. Schoepp, 3S, 8aR-6-[2-(1(2)H-tetrazole-5-y)ethyl] Decahydroisoquinoline-3-carboxylic Acid (LY293558) and Its Racemate (LY215490): A Selective and Competitive AMPA/Kainate Receptor Agonist.
L. Nordholm, M. Sheardown, and T. Honore, The NBQX Story.
E. Louvel, Riluzole in Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
G.C. Plamer and J.B. Hutchinson, Preclinical and Clinical Aspects of Remacemide Hydrochloride.
- No. of pages: 156
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1997
- Published: January 10, 1997
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780125468206
- eBook ISBN: 9780080531342
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Excitatory Amino Acids"