Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Section I - Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of Human Brain Evolution
1. Genetics of human brain evolution
Eric J. Vallender
2. Genetic diversity underlying behavioral plasticity in human adaptation
Amy L. Bauernfeind and Courtney C. Babbitt
Section II - Cerebral Cortex: Neural Organization and Functional Connectivity
3. The origin and evolution of neocortex: From early mammals to modern humans
Jon H. Kaas
4. Allometry, evolution and development of neocortex size in mammals
Jeroen B. Smaers, Carrie S. Mongle, Kamran Safi and Diana K.N. Dechmann
5. Neurodevelopmental disorders of the prefrontal cortex in an evolutionary context
Branka Hrvoj-Mihic and Katerina Semendeferi
6. The human connectome from an evolutionary perspective
Dirk Jan Ardesch, Lianne H. Scholtens and Martijn P. van den Heuvel
7. Evolution of cerebral asymmetry
Michael C. Corballis
8. Life history changes accompany increased numbers of cortical neurons: A new framework for understanding human brain evolution
Section III - Origin and Evolution of the Human Mind
9. Evolution of the modern human brain
Amelie Beaudet, Andrew Du and Bernard A. Wood
10. On the nature and evolution of the human mind
Michel A. Hofman
11. Origin and evolution of human cognition
Gerhard Roth and Ursula Dicke
12. Origin and evolution of human consciousness
Franco Fabbro, Damiano Cantone, Susanna Feruglio and Cristiano Crescentini
13. Origin and evolution of human speech: Emergence from a trimodal auditory, visual and vocal network
Maeva Michon, Vladimir López and Francisco Aboitiz
Evolution of the Human Brain: From Matter to Mind, Volume 250 in the Progress in Brain Research, series documents the latest developments and insights about the origin and evolution of the human brain and mind. Specific sections in this new release include Evolution and development of the human cerebral cortex, Functional connectivity of the human cerebral cortex, Lateralization of the human cerebral cortex, Life history strategies and the human cerebral cortex, Evolution of the modern human brain, On the nature and evolution of the human mind, Origin and evolution of human cognition, Origin and evolution of human consciousness, and more.
- Presents insights on molecular and cellular mechanisms of human brain evolution
- Provides a better understanding of the origin and evolution of the human mind
- Includes information of the neural organization and functional connectivity of the cerebral cortex
Addressed to any clinicians, neuroscientists, psychologists or students
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 6th November 2019
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Michel A. Hofman is at Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Netherlands
Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.