Evidence-Based Practice of Critical Care, edited by Drs. Clifford S. Deutschman and Patrick J. Neligan, provides objective data and expert guidance to help answer the most important questions challenging ICU physicians today. It discusses the clinical options, examines the relevant research, and presents expert recommendations on everything from acute organ failure to prevention issues. An outstanding source for "best practices" in critical care medicine, this book is a valuable framework for translating evidence into practice. It also provides access to the full text online, with regular updates to emerging clinical evidence.
- Gain valuable evidence-based recommendations on key topics such as acute organ failure, infection, sepsis and inflammation, and prevention issues pointing the way to the most effective approaches.
- Get an overview of each question, an outline of management options, a review of the relevant evidence, areas of uncertainty, existing management guidelines, and authors’ recommendations.
- Navigate a full range of challenges from routine care to complicated and special situations.
- Find the information you need quickly with tables that summarize the available literature and recommended clinical approaches.
- Stay current on the latest advances in the field with full-text, online access that includes regular updates to emerging clinical evidence.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2010
- 29th June 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Vice Chair, Research, Pediatrics, Professor of Pediatrics and Molecular Medicine Hofstra-North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine, New Hyde Park; Investigator, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York
Department of Anaesthesia & Intensive Care, University College Galway, Galway, Ireland