- Electronic ISBN 9780729582278
- Print ISBN 9780729541350
- Worked examples of a wide range of case scenarios and appraised papers (some are discipline-specific and others are multidisciplinary).
- Designed to be used by students from a wide range of health professions, thus facilitating the student’s ability to understand the needs of multi-disciplinary health-care teams in a real-life setting.
- Includes a detailed chapter on implementing evidence into practice and other topics that are not typically addressed in other texts, such as a chapter about how to communicate evidence to clients and another that discusses the role of clinical reasoning in evidence-based practice.
- Summary points at the end of each chapter.
- Supported by an Evolve resource package that contains revision questions that utilize a range of question formats.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 Introduction to evidence-based practice
Tammy Hoffmann, Sally Bennett and Chris Del Mar
2 Information needs, asking questions, and some basics of research studies
Chris Del Mar, Tammy Hoffmann and Paul Glasziou
3 Finding the evidence
Nancy Wilczynski and Ann McKibbon
4 Evidence about effects of interventions
Sally Bennett and Tammy Hoffmann
5 Questions about the effects of interventions: examples of appraisals from different health professions
Tammy Hoffmann, John W Bennett, Mal Boyle, Jeff Coombes, Mark R Elkins, Edzard Ernst, Angela Morgan, Lisa Nissen, Claire Rickard, Sharon Sanders, Alan Spencer and Caroline Wright
6 Evidence about diagnosis
7 Questions about diagnosis: examples of appraisals from different health professions
Chris Del Mar, Sally Bennett, Mal Boyle, Jeff Coombes, Mark R Elkins, Angela Morgan, Lisa Nissen, Claire Rickard, Sharon Sanders, Michal Schneider-Kolsky and Jemma Skeat
8 Evidence about prognosis
Mark R Elkins
9 Questions about prognosis: examples of appraisals from different health professions
Tammy Hoffmann, Marilyn Baird, John W Bennett, Mal Boyle, Jeff Coombes, Mark R Elkins, Lisa Nissen, Sheena Reilly, Claire Rickard and Sharon Sanders
10 Evidence about patients’ experiences and concerns
Alan Pearson and Karin Hannes
11 Questions about patients’ experiences and concerns: examples of appraisals from different health professions
Sally Bennett, John Bennett, Mal Boyle, Jeff Coombes, Craig Lockwood, Lisa Nissen, Marie Pirotta, Sharon Sanders and Jemma Skeat
12 Appraising and understanding systematic reviews of quantitative and qualit
- © 2013
- 15th April 2013
- Churchill Livingstone Australia
- Electronic ISBN:
- Print ISBN: