This best-selling radiology primer clearly explains the basic principles and clinical applications of plain film, CT, MRI, and nuclear medicine. Written in straightforward, accessible language and assuming no prior knowledge of radiology, it provides an ideal introduction to the field. The new edition reflects the all of the momentous recent changes in diagnostic imaging technology and applications, including the diagnosis of abdominal, pelvic, and retroperitoneal conditions. It also presents new coverage of the evaluation of headache, hypertension, and low back pain. Over 550 outstanding, beautifully reproduced digital images demonstrate every essential concept.
- Describes the most common pathologic entities, plus rarer life-threatening conditions.
- Uses more than 550 high-quality digital images to capture a wide range of normal imaging findings, common variants, and pathologic findings.
- Written by a single masterful author who is skilled at explaining complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner.
2. Head and Soft Tissue of the Neck
4. Breast Imaging
5. Cardiovascular System
6. Gastrointestinal System
7. Genitourinary System
8. Skeletal System
9. Nonskeletal Pediatric Imaging
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2004
- 23rd September 2004
- eBook ISBN:
Emeritus Professor, Department of Radiology, University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico
There is a wealth of information presented in a way that should be understandable to medical students and residents. There is more clinical information than is seen in other radiologic texts aimed at nonradiologists. This book is a reasonable purchase for nonradiologists looking for a readable overview of radiology. ~ reviewed by James M. Messmer, MD.