- Clinically focused content provides essential knowledge of the basics of oral biology with an emphasis on its relationship to clinical practice and a focus on the patient.
- Full-color art program includes many high-quality illustrations, histographs, micrographs, and clinical photos depicting various stages of development of the oral structures.
- Clinical Comment and Consider the Patient boxes help you apply information to clinical practice and patient care by describing clinical tips, points of interest, and patient situations.
- Self-evaluation questions are included at the end of each chapter, helping you review for classroom and national board exams.
- Key vocabulary is listed at the beginning of each chapter and highlighted in boldface within the text.
- Suggested readings at the end of each chapter allow you to research classic and new studies.
- Expert author Daniel Chiego has 40 years of experience in research and education in oral embryology and histology, and has directed the dental and dental hygiene courses of study in these topics at the University of Michigan for more than 15 years.
- An Evolve companion website provides practice quizzes, vocabulary flashcards, labeling exercises, and links to related websites for further research and study.
1. Development and Structure of Cells and Tissues
2. Structure and Function of Cells, Tissues, and Organs
3. Development of the Oral Facial Region
4. Development of the Face and Palate
5. Development of Teeth
6. Eruption and Shedding of Teeth
9. Dental Pulp
11. Periodontium: Periodontal Ligament
12. Periodontium: Alveolar Process and Cementum
13. Temporomandibular Joint
14. Oral Mucosa
15. Salivary Glands and Tonsils