The perfect clinical companion; fully revised and updated for this new edition.
- Focussed on the core curriculum
- Comprehensive coverage sign-posted by clear, consistent headings, from definition, aetiology, pathophysiology, history taking, general advice, clinical features, investigations, management, treatment, prognosis and assessment to risk factors and differential diagnoses.
- Includes self-assessment, emergency procedures and normal values.
1. Gynaecology history taking.
2. Gynaecological examination.
3. Obstetric history taking.
4. Obstetric examination.
SECTION 2: GYNAECOLOGY
5. The menstrual cycle, menstrual disorders, infertility and the menopause.
6. Pelvic pain, endometriosis and minimal-access surgery.
7. Problems of the female genital tract.
8. Uterovaginal prolapse and urinary incontinence.
9. Family planning and sexual health.
10. Bleeding in early pregnancy.
SECTION 3: OBSTETRICS
11. Pre-pregnancy, counselling, prenatal diagnosis and antenatal care.
12. Physiology of pregnancy and pregnancy problems.
13. Multiple pregnancy, breech and abnormal presentations.
15. The Puerperium.
16. Neonatal medicine.
SECTION 4: EMERGENCIES AND PRACTICAL PROCEDURES
17. Emergencies and procedures.
Final medical examination: Questions and answers
Definitions and normal values