Essentials of Nuclear Medicine Imaging, by Drs. Fred A Mettler and Milton J Guiberteau, provides the practical and comprehensive guidance you need to master key nuclear imaging techniques. From physics, instrumentation, quality control, and legal requirements to hot topics such as sodium fluoride, radiopharmaceuticals, and recommended pediatric administered doses and guidelines, this sixth edition covers the fundamentals and recent developments in the practice of nuclear medicine. This excellent resource in nuclear medicine also features access to the full text online at www.expertconsult.com, high-quality images, and unknown case sets for self assessment.
- Get comprehensive coverage of key techniques such as PET/CT, cardiac-gated SPECT, and tumor-specific radionuclides, as well as Cerebrovascular System, Cardiovascular System, Conventional Neoplasm Imaging and Radioimmunotherapy, and Positron Emission Tomography Imaging.
- Reference practical clinical guidance at a glance from important "Pearls and Pitfalls" in each chapter and. helpful appendices including Injection Techniques, Pediatric Dosages, Non-radioactive Pharmaceuticals, and many more
- Assess your understanding with a section of Unknown Case Sets—expanded in this edition.
- Find information quickly and easily with a full-color format.
1. Radioactivity, Radionuclides, and Radiopharmaceuticals
2. Instrumentation and Quality Control
3. Central Nervous System
4. Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Salivary Glands
5. Cardiovascular System
6. Respiratory System
7. Gastrointestinal Tract
8. Skeletal System
9. Genitourinary System and Adrenal Glands
10. Non-PET Neoplasm Imaging and Radioimmunotherapy
11. 18F-FDG PET/CT Neoplasm Imaging
12. Inflammation and Infection Imaging
13. Authorized User and Radioisotope Safety Issues
Self Evaluation Section
Unknown Case Sets
Answers to Unknown Case Sets
Characteristics of Radionuclides for Imaging and Therapy
Radioactivity Conversion Table for International System (SI) Units (Becquerels to Curies)
Radioactivity Conversion Table for International System (SI) Units (Curies to Becquerels)
Technetium-99m Decay and Generation Tables
Other Radionuclide Decay Tables
Injection Techniques and Pediatric Dosages
Sample Techniques for Nuclear Imaging
Abnormal Radiopharmaceutical Distribution as a Result of Medications and Other Extrinsic Factors
Nonradioactive Pharmaceuticals in Nuclear Medicine
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
General Considerations for Hospitalized Patients Receiving Radionuclide Therapy
Special Considerations and Requirements for Iodine-131 Therapy
Emergency Procedures for Spills of Radioactive Materials
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 11th January 2012
- Hardcover ISBN:
Emeritus Professor, Department of Radiology, University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Professor, Department of Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.