Get a solid foundation in the language of movement! Essentials of Kinesiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant 3rd Edition builds on previous editions by delivering a rich and varied learning experience that is needed to succeed in today’s fast-paced PTA education programs. Clear, concise explanations of anatomy and function, full-color illustrations and unique atlas-style chapters make even the most complex concepts easy to master. In addition, a robust lineup of on- and off-line resources, featuring a companion Evolve website, give students the tools they need to succeed in both the classroom and the clinical setting!
- UNIQUE! Author team of Paul Mansfield and Don Neumann represent a rich blend of their experiences and expertise.
- Outstanding artwork with more than 600 full-color photos and drawings help you understand key concepts.
- UNIQUE! Atlas-style muscle presentations clearly link specific muscles or muscle groups with relevant information.
- Clinical Insight and Considerations boxes link the concepts of kinesiology with their clinical applications.
- Summary boxes and tables pull content together into concise, reader-friendly format.
- Study questions and key terminology serves as a valuable study tool for exam preparation.
- Learning Objectives serve as an overview of each chapter as well as a handy checklist for review.
- Basic Principles of Kinesiology
2. Structure and Function of Joints
3. Structure and Function of Skeletal Muscle
4. Structure and Function of the Shoulder Complex
5. Structure and Function of the Elbow and Forearm Complex
6. Structure and Function of the Wrist
7. Structure and Function of the Hand
8. Structure and Function of the Vertebral Column
9. Structure and Function of the Hip
10. Structure and Function of the Knee
11. Structure and Function of the Ankle and Foot
12. Fundamentals of Human Gait
13. Kinesiology of Mastication and Ventilation
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2019
- 29th November 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor and Program Coordinator, Physical Therapist Assistant Program, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Milwaukee, WI
Professor, Department of Physical Therapy and Exercise Science, College of Health Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.