Patients with cardiac conditions routinely present for noncardiac surgeries, requiring special protocols for perioperative assessment and management by the anesthesiologist. Essentials of Cardiac Anesthesia for Noncardiac Surgery: A Companion to Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia provides current, easily accessible information in this complex area, ideal for general anesthesiologists and non-cardiac subspecialists. From preoperative assessment through postoperative care, this practical reference covers all perioperative approaches to today’s patients with cardiac conditions.
Kaplan's Essentials of Cardiac Anesthesia for Noncardiac Surgery
1. Perioperative Cardiovascular Evaluation and Management for Noncardiac Surgery
2. Perioperative Approach to the High-Risk Cardiac Patient
3. Care of the Patient with Coronary Stents Undergoing Noncardiac Surgery
4. Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Device Management in Noncardiac Surgery
5. The LVAD-Supported Patient Presenting for Non-Cardiac Surgery
6. Patients with Prior Heart Transplants for Noncardiac Surgery
7. Pulmonary Hypertension in Noncardiac Surgical Patients
8. Adult Congenital Heart Disease in Noncardiac Surgery
9. Cardiovascular Monitoring in Noncardiac Surgery
10. Echocardiography in Noncardiac Surgery
11. Cardiovascular Pharmacology
12. General Anesthesia, Regional Anesthesia, and Monitored Anesthesia Care for Cardiac Patients
13. Vascular Surgery: Endovascular and Open Surgery
14. The Cardiac Patient for Thoracic Noncardiac Surgery
15. Anesthesia for Cardioversion and Electrophysiologic Procedures
16. Cardiac Patients Requiring Emergent Non-Cardiac Surgery
17. Cardiac Patients for Transplant Operations
18. The Pregnant Patient with Cardiac Disease
19. Goal-Directed Fluid Therapy, Perioperative Pain Management, and Enhanced Recovery
20. Management of Cardiovascular Problems in the Postanesthesia Care Unit
21. Critical Care Medicine in the Operating Room and Intensive Care Unit
22. Perioperative Care to Reduce Major Adverse Cardiac Events and Mortality in Noncardiac Surgery
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 21st September 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dean, School of Medicine; Vice President for Health Affairs; Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.