- Consistent, unifying elements throughout the book help you understand the interrelation of body systems and how the structure and function of these change in relation to age and development.
- A dynamic full-color design with more than 1,000 full-color photographs and illustrations visually reinforce and clarify complex concepts.
- The unique Clear View of the Human Body transparencies display the internal view of male and female bodies along several different planes, strengthening your knowledge of the structure of the body.
- Study hints offer specific suggestions for using many of the learning aids found in each chapter.
- Student learning objectives highlight the things you should know after completing each chapter, helping you focus on the most important concepts.
- Introductory Stories present real-life clinical situations at the beginning of each chapter, with follow-up questions that challenge you to apply what you've learned in practical and creative ways.
- Quick Check questions after major sections reinforce learning by prompting you to immediately review new concepts.
- Review questions at the end of every chapter help you determine how well you have mastered important concepts.
- Critical thinking questions at the end of every chapter challenge your reasoning skills.
- Learning resources on evolve.elsevier.com include A&P Connect, answers to Introductory Story questions, answers to Quick Check questions, audio chapter summaries, audio glossary, Body Spectrum Electronic Anatomy Coloring Book, FAQs, Mechanisms of Disease, online tutoring, Quick Guide to the Language and Science of Medicine, student post-test questions, and web links to related sites.
- Anatomy and Physiology Online features a comprehensive and interactive online course with 22 modules following t
Unit 1: Constituents of the Human Body
1. Organization of The Human Body
2. The Chemistry of Life
3. Anatomy of Cells
4. Physiology of Cells
5. Cell Growth and Reproduction
6. Tissues and Their Functions
Unit 2: Support and Movement
7. Skin and Its Appendages
8. Skeletal Tissues
9. Bones and Joints
10. Muscular System
Unit 3: Communication, Control, and Integration
11. Cells of the Nervous System
12. Central Nervous System
13. Peripheral Nervous System
14. Sense Organs
15. Endocrine System
Unit 4: Transportation and Defense
17. Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System
18. Physiology of the Cardiovascular System
19. Lymphatic and Immune Systems
Unit 5: Respiration, Nutrition, and Excretion
20. Respiratory System
21. Digestive System
22. Nutrition and Metabolism
23. Urinary System and Fluid Balance
Unit 6: Reproduction and Development
24. Male Reproductive System
25. Female Reproductive System
26. Growth and Development
27. Human Genetics and Heredity