Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Essentials for Nursing Practice, 8th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
UNIT 1: CONCEPTS IN NURSING
1. Professional Nursing NEW!
2. Health and Wellness
3. The Health Care Delivery System
4. Community-Based Nursing Practice
5. Legal Principles in Nursing
7. Evidence-Based Practice
UNIT 2: PROCESSES IN NURSING CARE
8. Critical Thinking
9. Nursing Process
10. Informatics and Documentation
12. Patient Education
13. Managing Patient Care
UNIT 3: NURSING PRACTICE FOUNDATIONS
14. Infection Control
15. Vital Signs
16. Health Assessment and Physical Examination
17. Administering Medications
18. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balances
UNIT 4: PROMOTING PSYCHOSOCIAL HEALTH
19. Caring in Nursing Practice
20. Cultural Awareness
21. Spiritual Health
22. Growth and Development
23. Self-Concept and Sexuality
24. Family in Nursing
25. Stress and Coping
26. Loss and Grief
UNIT 5: PROMOTING PHYSICAL HEALTH
27. Exercise and Activity
32. Pain Management
34. Urinary Elimination
35. Bowel Elimination
37. Skin and Wound Care
38. Sensory Alterations
39. Surgical Patient
- © Mosby 2015
- 10th December 2014
- Paperback ISBN:
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL
President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL
Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Chair and White Family Endowed Professor of Nursing, Dunigan Family Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN
Chair and White Family Endowed Professor of Nursing, Dunigan Family Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN