Essential Methods for Design Based Sample Surveys
- Delivers a thorough overview of the methods of statistical sample survey design in a wide range of applications
- Provides a one-stop review of modern methods in statistical sample survey design
- Presents essential statistics methods of sample selection and data processing
Scientists and graduate students at universities, research institutes, and government agencies who use statistical methods in design based sample surveys and research.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Survey Sampling
2. Designs for Surveys over Time
3. Design, Conduct, and Analysis of Random-Digit Dialing Surveys
4. Statistical Disclosure Control for Survey Data
5. Sampling and Estimation in Household Surveys
6. Sampling and Estimation in Business Surveys
7. Sampling, Data Collection, and Estimation in Agricultural Surveys
8. Sampling and Inference in Environmental Surveys
9. Survey Sampling Methods in Marketing Research: A Review of Telephone, Mall Intercept, Panel, and Web Surveys
10. Sample Surveys and Censuses
11. Opinion and Election Polls
- No. of pages: 310
- Language: English
- Copyright: © North Holland 2010
- Published: November 17, 2010
- Imprint: North Holland
- Paperback ISBN: 9780444638267
About the Authors
Affiliations and Expertise
He retired from ISI in 1980 at the mandatory age of 60 after working for 40 years during which period he developed ISI as an international center for statistical education and research. He also took an active part in establishing state statistical bureaus to collect local statistics and transmitting them to Central Statistical Organization in New Delhi. Rao played a pivitol role in launching undergraduate and postgraduate courses at ISI. He is the author of 475 research publications and several breakthrough papers contributing to statistical theory and methodology for applications to problems in all areas of human endeavor. There are a number of classical statistical terms named after him, the most popular of which are Cramer-Rao inequality, Rao-Blackwellization, Rao’s Orthogonal arrays used in quality control, Rao’s score test, Rao’s Quadratic Entropy used in ecological work, Rao’s metric and distance which are incorporated in most statistical books.
He is the author of 10 books, of which two important books are, Linear Statistical Inference which is translated into German, Russian, Czec, Polish and Japanese languages,and Statistics and Truth which is translated into, French, German, Japanese, Mainland Chinese, Taiwan Chinese, Turkish and Korean languages.
He directed the research work of 50 students for the Ph.D. degrees who in turn produced 500 Ph.D.’s. Rao received 38 hon. Doctorate degree from universities in 19 countries spanning 6 continents. He received the highest awards in statistics in USA,UK and India: National Medal of Science awarded by the president of USA, Indian National Medal of Science awarded by the Prime Minister of India and the Guy Medal in Gold awarded by the Royal Statistical Society, UK. Rao was a recipient of the first batch of Bhatnagar awards in 1959 for mathematical sciences and and numerous medals in India and abroad from Science Academies. He is a Fellow of Royal Society (FRS),UK, and member of National Academy of Sciences, USA, Lithuania and Europe. In his honor a research Institute named as CRRAO ADVANCED INSTITUTE OF MATHEMATICS, STATISTICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE was established in the campus of Hyderabad University.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Essential Methods for Design Based Sample Surveys"