This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. It has been specifically produced to meet the needs of the basic surgical trainee who is looking for a concise operative text. Adapted from the best-selling parent title, GENERAL SURGICAL OPERATIONS, it includes a straightforward description of all common major operations, together with a brief account of the less common procedures encountered during the early stages of surgical training. The highly-praised features of GENERAL SURGICAL OPERATIONS have been retained, including the clear, direct writing and illustrative style, and boxes which emphasise and give advice on how to recognise, avoid and correct difficulties.
- A vade mecum for every young surgeon intending to enter the operating theatre and perform safely.
- Outlines in simple terms the dangers and difficulties that make each operation unique.
- Derived from the critically-acclaimed parent title General Surgical Operations.
- Edited and written by a highly respected surgical team, this book provides expert guidance for today's trainee.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2007
- 12th July 2007
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
Honorary Professor of Surgery, Royal Free and University College London; Honorary Consulting Surgeon, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Professor of Surgery, The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK