This new edition of ESSENTIAL CHEMISTRY FOR SAFE AROMATHERAPY provides an accessible account of the key theoretical aspects of chemistry and their application into the safe practice of aromatherapy. For readers with a limited science background, this book offers a clear and concisely written guide to essential information in chemistry. For practitioners, the book applies chemistry to the practical and therapeutic use of essential oils, and leads to a better understanding of composition, properties and technical data related to essential oils.
- Takes the fear and mystery out of chemistry for aromatherapy students!
- Presents crucial information in a clear and easily-digestible format, highlighting key points all along
- Allows professional aromatherapists to practice with greater confidence, safety and skill, and to extend the range of their practice through a clearer understanding of chemical properties of essential oils.
- Covers the scope of what is taught at major aromatherapy teaching centres, and structures the material to make sure each chapter provides the reader with a rounded understanding of the topic covered.
- A glossary is included for easy reference.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2009
- 5th February 2009
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Senior Lecturer, Formerly at Wigan and Leigh College and Salford University; Freelance Journalist, Cheshire, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.