Essential Bayesian Models
- Aids critical thinking on causal effects
- Provides simulation based computing techniques
- Covers Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
Table of Contents
1. Model Selection and Hypothesis Testing based on Objective Probabilities and Bayes Factors; 2. Bayesian Model Checking and Model Diagnostics; 3. Bayesian Nonparametric Modeling and Data Analysis: An Introduction; 4. Some Bayesian Nonparametric Models; 5. Bayesian Modeling in the Wavelet Domain; 6. Bayesian Methods for Function Estimation; 7. MCMC Methods to Estimate Bayesian Parametric Models; 8. Bayesian Computation: From Posterior Densities to Bayes Factors, Marginal Likelihoods, and Posterior Model Probabilities; 9. Bayesian Modelling and Inference on Mixtures of Distributions; 10. Variable Selection and Covariance Selection in Multivariate Regression Models; 11. Dynamic Models; 12. Elliptical Measurement Error Models – A Bayesian Approach; 13. Bayesian Sensitivity Analysis in Skew-elliptical Models; 14. Bayesian Methods for DNA Microarray Data Analysis; 15. Bayesian Biostatistics; 16. Innovative Bayesian Methods for Biostatistics and Epidemiology; 17. Modeling and Analysis for Categorical Response Data; 18. Bayesian Methods and Simulation-Based Computation for Contingency Tables; 19. Teaching Bayesian Thought to Nonstatisticians
- No. of pages: 586
- Language: English
- Copyright: © North Holland 2010
- Published: November 17, 2010
- Imprint: North Holland
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444537324
About the Authors
He retired from ISI in 1980 at the mandatory age of 60 after working for 40 years during which period he developed ISI as an international center for statistical education and research. He also took an active part in establishing state statistical bureaus to collect local statistics and transmitting them to Central Statistical Organization in New Delhi. Rao played a pivitol role in launching undergraduate and postgraduate courses at ISI. He is the author of 475 research publications and several breakthrough papers contributing to statistical theory and methodology for applications to problems in all areas of human endeavor. There are a number of classical statistical terms named after him, the most popular of which are Cramer-Rao inequality, Rao-Blackwellization, Rao’s Orthogonal arrays used in quality control, Rao’s score test, Rao’s Quadratic Entropy used in ecological work, Rao’s metric and distance which are incorporated in most statistical books.
He is the author of 10 books, of which two important books are, Linear Statistical Inference which is translated into German, Russian, Czec, Polish and Japanese languages,and Statistics and Truth which is translated into, French, German, Japanese, Mainland Chinese, Taiwan Chinese, Turkish and Korean languages.
He directed the research work of 50 students for the Ph.D. degrees who in turn produced 500 Ph.D.’s. Rao received 38 hon. Doctorate degree from universities in 19 countries spanning 6 continents. He received the highest awards in statistics in USA,UK and India: National Medal of Science awarded by the president of USA, Indian National Medal of Science awarded by the Prime Minister of India and the Guy Medal in Gold awarded by the Royal Statistical Society, UK. Rao was a recipient of the first batch of Bhatnagar awards in 1959 for mathematical sciences and and numerous medals in India and abroad from Science Academies. He is a Fellow of Royal Society (FRS),UK, and member of National Academy of Sciences, USA, Lithuania and Europe. In his honor a research Institute named as CRRAO ADVANCED INSTITUTE OF MATHEMATICS, STATISTICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE was established in the campus of Hyderabad University.
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Essential Bayesian Models"