From their vast knowledge and experience, authors bring the essence of the subject "pediatrics" in the form of this text book, which will serve the purpose for students (both undergraduate and postgraduates), teachers and practicing pediatricians.
- Covers all common pediatric problems prevailing in the Indian sub-continent in lucid and easy-to-understand language.
- Concise, contains the recent updates, more community oriented, edited more frequently, less voluminous.
- Written by well-experienced eminent authors, who are serving as Professors and Consultants, facing day-to-day challenges of the subject.
- Designed as a textbook for both undergraduate and postgraduate students and as a guide to the teachers of pediatrics and practicing pediatricians.
- Chapters like Neonatology, Infant Feeding, Growth and Development, Neurology, Oncology, Connective Tissue Diseases, and Immunization have been revised completely; and topics like Nephrotic Syndrome, Diabetes Mellitus, Newer Vaccines, Infectious Diseases, Genetic Disorders, Neurometabolic and Seizure Disorders have been updated extensively.
- New chapter, ‘Drug Therapy’, has been added; all critical emergency information, including shock, resuscitation, and life-threatening conditions are discussed duly.
- Management of common pediatric problems has been written following most recent WHO guidelines.
1 History Taking and Physical Examination
3 Infant and Young Child Feeding
4 Growth and Development
5 Nutritional Problems
6 Community Pediatrics
7 Respiratory Diseases
8 Diseases of Gastrointestinal System
9 Cardiovascular Diseases
10 Renal Diseases
11 Fluid Electrolytes and Acid–Base Disturbances
12 Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases
14 Muscle Disorders
17 Connective Tissue Diseases
18 Child Psychiatry and Developmental Disorders
21 Immunization and Infectious Diseases
22 Genetic Disorders
23 Common Surgical Problems
24 Procedures in Practice
25 Some Selected Syndromes
26 Laboratory Medicine
27 Drug Th erapy in Children
28 Growth Charts
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2011
- 15th June 2011
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN: