The new edition of this introductory-level textbook continues to offer a concise and approachable bridge between student lecture notes and more detailed clinical reference works. All aspects of equine medicine, surgery and reproduction are covered in a single, convenient volume. The second edition has been subject to an extensive revision, with each chapter updated and new chapters added to cover wound management, critical care, anaesthesia and sedation, and diagnostic imaging. While offering key information in an easily and quickly digested format for clinical veterinary students and practising veterinary surgeons, this second edition of Equine Medicine, Surgery and Reproduction will also be relevant to students undertaking equine science degrees, and to professional horse owners and trainers.
The wide range of international contributors, highly experienced and all experts in their fields, ensures that the new edition of this popular all-in-one resource remains as indispensable as ever.
- Comprehensive coverage of all areas of equine medicine, surgery and reproduction
- Easy-to-use format
- Completely revised since the first edition with new chapters added
- Now with over 100 new illustrations including colour photographs
- Includes diagnostic and therapeutic information as well as descriptions of commonly employed clinical techniques
- Includes lists of important differential diagnoses for common clinical signs
1.Upper Alimentary System.
2.Gastroenterology 1. Colic.
3. Gastroenterology 2. Hepatic and intestinal disorders.
4. Abdominal cavity
5. Disorders of the ear, nose and throat
6. Lower respiratory tract
7. Cardiovascular system
8. Diseases of the equine urinary tract
10. Haematopoietic and immune systems
15. Orthopaedics 1. Diagnosis of lameness/diseases of joints and bones
16. Orthopaedics 2. Diseases of the foot and limbs
17. Orthopaedics 3. The limbs
18. Orthopaedics 4. The back and pelvis
19. Infectious diseases and parasitology
20. Diseases of the foal
21. Muscle disorders and performance problems
22. Metabolic diseases and toxicology
23. Principles of wound management
24. Sedation and anaesthesia
25. Diagnostic imaging
26.Common problems and techniques in equine critical care
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders Ltd. 2012
- 11th March 2013
- Saunders Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Partner & Equine Practitioner, Bell Equine Veterinary Clinic, Mereworth, Maidstone, Kent, UK
University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Glasgow, UK
Professor, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, USA
Professor of Equine Orthopaedics, The Royal Veterinary College, Hatfield, UK Professor of Equine Orthopaedics
Director, Veterinary Hospital, Associate Professor, Veterinary Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, USA
"This new edition, as well as incorporating an extensive revision of the original text, incorporates new chapters on wound management, critical care, anaesthesia and diagnostic imaging...The book is well illustrated throughout and the reproduction of the colour images is outstanding...This is an ideal book for the veterinary students wanting to dip into equine medicine and surgery...The widespread use of bullet points and short punchy paragraphs, in conjunction with an excellent index and contents list, makes the text very easy to read and to navigate, and this second edition is certain to become just as popular as the already well-established first edition. Good value and to be recommended."
Veterinary Record, May 2013