Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Perspectives and future directions of Translational Epigenetics in Personalized and Precision Medicine
2. Translational Epigenetics in Precision medicine of colorectal cancer
3. Epigenetics inPrecision medicine of breast cancer
4. Epigenetics and Precision medicine in prostate cancer
5. Epigenetics and precision medicine in lung cancer
6. Epigenetics and precision medicine in bone and Soft Tissue sarcomas
7. Epigenetics and precision medicine in gynecological cancer
8. Epigenetics in precision medicine of pancreatic cancer
9. Epigenetics and precision medicine in diabetes and obesity prevention and management
10. Epigenetics in precision medicine of cardiovascular disease
11. Epigenetic markers for major psychosis as targets for precision medicine
12. Epigenetics and precision medicine in infertility and reproductive medicine
13. Epigenetics and precision medicine in neurodegenerative Diseases
14. Epigenetics and precision medicine in auto-immune diseases
15. Epigenetics and precision medicine in allergic diseases
16. Epigenetics in spine curvature disorders
17. Epigenetics and precision medicine in infectious diseases
18. Epigenetics and precision medicine in Rare Diseases
19. EpiSwitch biomarkers based on chromosomal conformation signatures for personalized medicine
20. Application of hypermethylated DNA markers for the detection of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) in colorectal
In recent years, knowledge of epigenetic mechanisms underlying disease onset and progression has proven crucial for the development of novel early diagnosis and prognosis biomarkers for patient stratification and precision medicine. Epigenetics in Precision Medicine, a new volume in the Translational Epigenetics series, provides a thorough discussion and overview of current developments in clinical epigenetics with special emphasis on epigenetic biomarkers that can be used for clinical diagnosis, prognosis, patient stratification, and treatment monitoring. Disease types discussed include cancer, metabolic disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, bone disease, and immune-related disorders. The book examines the challenges of advancing epigenetics research and translating findings to the clinic and drug discovery in each of these areas, as well as current solutions; chapter authors discuss how to leverage epigenomic technologies, applications, and tools, such as next-generation sequencing, to discover new epigenetic biomarkers in disease and drug studies.
Epigenetics in Precision Medicine focuses on complex epigenetic mechanisms in several pathologies, and explores how epigenetics can power the advance of precision medicine, not only by improving in vitro diagnostic and prognostic tools, but by providing new therapeutic approaches to treat human disease.
- Provides a thorough grounding in epigenetics-driven precision medicine, with emphasis on developing and implementing early diagnosis and prognosis biomarkers, and supporting patient stratification
- Empowers researchers and clinicians to incorporate epigenetics in new disease research, drug discovery, and clinical practice
- Features chapter contributions from international leaders in the field
Human geneticists; human genomicists; translational researchers in genomic medicine, epigenetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, oncology, neurology, endocrinology, reproductive medicine, pulmonary medicine, gerontology and anti-aging medicine, pediatrics, and bioinformatics; life science researchers; biotechnologists; developmental biologists; clinicians and graduate students in the biosciences
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st November 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Garcia-Gimenez is a Senior Researcher at the Consortium Center for Biomedical Network Research, the Spanish Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII), and the INCLIVA Biomedical Research Institute, in the Dept. of Physiology at the Medicine and Dentistry School at the University of Valencia, Spain. Dr. García-Giménez is founder and CEO of EpiDisease S.L. (Spin-Off of CIBER-ISCIII), which develops the technology based on the patent EP15382319.0, currently in national phases (USTPO, EPO, CIPO and SIPO). EpiDisease received NEOTEC funds from CDTI and the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission in the SME Instrument Phase II H2020. Dr. García-Giménez has received 7 scientific and entrepreneurship national and international awards, including the National Award for Young Entrepreneurs in 2013 (awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Health) and the European Young Researcher from the Free Radical Research Society in 2009 and more recently the Eureka Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award in Melbourne (Australia). Dr. Garcia-Gimenez is a researcher at the University of Valencia. He is early in his career, but has been noticed as an up-and-coming authority in epigenetic biomarker research as it relates to disease, stress, and exercise.
CIBER Enfermedades Raras, Centre for Biomedical Research on Rare Diseases, University of Valencia, Spain
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.