Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Epigenetics and Regeneration: An Overview
Section I: Epigenetics: molecular players and mechanisms
2. Dynamics and mechanisms of DNA methylation reprogramming
3. Histone modifications
4. Non-coding RNAs as Regulators of Gene Expression in Pluripotency and Differentiation
5. Organizing Principles for the Spatial Folding of Chromosomes
Section II: Development, Reprogramming & Tissue regeneration
6. Epigenetics of early mammalian development: A Pathway to Regenerative Medicine
7. Somatic Cell Epigenetic Reprogramming: Molecular Mechanisms and Therapeutic Potential
8. Regenerative potential across species: An Eco-Evo-Devo Perspective
Section III: Regenerative medicine: The epigenetics of tissue homeostasis, repair and regeneration
9. Common challenges in tissue regeneration
10. Epigenetic Mechanisms in Liver and Pancreas Generation and Regeneration
11. Transcriptional and Epigenetic Mechanisms Controlling Intestinal Cell Fate
12. Using Epigenetics as a Pharmacological Tool in Heart Regeneration
13. Epigenetic Regulation of Muscle Stem Cells During Skeletal Muscle Regeneration and Disease
14. The Intrinsic Role of Epigenetics in Axonal Regeneration
15. Insights Into the Epigenetics of Retinal Development and Diseases
16. At the Intersection of Epigenetics and Regeneration: An Analysis of the Experimental Outlook of Organoid Technology
Section IV: Epigenetics, regeneration and environment
17. Epigenetic pharmacology in regenerative medicine (epi-drugs)
18. Genomic and Epigenomic Potential With Age: Genome, Epigenome, and the Epigenetic Clock
19. Epigenetics and Lifestyle: The Impact of Stress, Diet, and Social Habits on Tissue Homeostasis20.
Section V: Conclusive Remarks
20. iPSC- and Organoid-Based Biomedicine at the Intersection of Epigenetics and Regeneration: Charting the Normative Contours of Emerging Biomedical Platforms
Epigenetics and Regeneration compiles the first foundational reference on epigenetic mechanisms governing tissue development, repair, homeostasis, and regeneration, as well as pathways to employ these mechanisms in clinical practice and translational science. In this book, life science researchers, clinicians, and students will discover an interdisciplinary resource bringing together common themes in the field, background overviews, research methods, recent advances, and opportunities for drug discovery. Throughout this volume, special attention is paid to pre-clinical and first clinical studies aimed at increasing the regenerative potential of damaged tissues by epigenetic drugs, as well as innovative, discipline spanning strategies to enhance cell reprogramming.
As an all-inclusive, evidence-based volume, Epigenetics and Regeneration will stimulate discussion and boost new research in this fascinating and impactful area of translational epigenetics.
- Provides a foundational overview of epigenetics in regenerative medicine
- Examines epigenetic components of tissue regeneration for a variety of organ systems and tissue types, as well as current attempts to employ these mechanisms in clinical practice
- Offers researchers, students, clinicians, and pharmacologists the tools they need to enhance tissue development, repair, homeostasis, and regeneration and explore new epigenetic therapeutic pathways
- Features chapter contributions from leading international researchers and clinicians in the fields of epigenetics and regenerative medicine
Translational researchers; life science researchers, life science graduate students and postdocs; clinicians and graduate students in medical genetics; epigenetics; genomic medicine; regenerative medicine; stem cell biology; oncology; pathology; and biotechnology; developmental biologists; pharmacologists in industry and academia; osteologists; cardiologists; endocrinologists; pulmonologists, nephrologists, gastroenterologists, dermatologists, neuroscientists, medical chemists, molecular biologists; genetic counselors
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 25th May 2019
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Daniela Palacios, PhD, is the director of the Epigenetics and Signal Transduction Laboratory at Fondazione Santa Lucia in Rome, Italy. She was trained as a molecular biologist in top academic and health institutions located in four different countries (Spain, UK, Italy, and USA). Research in her laboratory integrates state-of-the-art genomic and proteomic approaches with biochemistry, imaging, and novel RNA-based nanotechnologies to study how environmental stimuli modulate the epigenome during tissue regeneration and oncogenic transformation. The goal of the laboratory is to integrate basic research with innovative technological approaches to develop new tools for biomedical applications. Dr. Palacios has authored over 20 peer-reviewed articles and reviews on the subjects of epigenetics, development, and regeneration, including a chapter in Medical Epigenetics. In the past, she has participated as editor and guest editor to several journals within the fields of development and genomics.
Director of the Epigenetics and Signal Transduction Laboratory at Fondazione Santa Lucia in Rome, Italy