Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Enzymes in Human and Animal Nutrition is a detailed reference on enzymes covering detailed information on all relevant aspects fundamental for final use of enzymes in human and animal nutrition. Topics explored include selection, engineering and expression of microbial enzymes, effects of probiotics on enzymes in the digestive tract, potential new sources of enzymes, valorization of plant biomass by food and feed enzymes. Economics and intellectual property issues are also examined.
- Examines the role of enzymes in nutrition and in the production of food and animal feed so that food industry and academic researchers can understand applications of enzymes in the health of humans and animals
- Begins with a thorough overview of selection, engineering and expression of microbial enzymes
- Examines extremophile organisms as a potential new source of enzymes
- Includes discussion of analytics, economics and intellectual property to increase applicability of the rest of the book outside of the lab
Academics, students and researchers in nutrition and nutritional physiology, veterinarians, agronomists, food and feed producers
1. Selection, engineering and expression of microbial enzymes
Patrícia Poeta, A A Dias, Gilberto Igrejas, Vanessa Silva, Rui Bezerra, Carlos Simões Nunes
2. Intellectual Property on selection, expression and production of enzymes
Carlos Simões Nunes
3. General Aspects of Phytases
Vikas Kumar and Amit Kumar Sinha
4. Phytase in Animal Feed
Nicholas Romano, Vikas Kumar
5. Perspectives of phytases in nutrition, biocatalysis and soil stabilization
Michele Rigon Spier, Maitê Rodrigues, Luana Paludo, Myriam Lorena Melgarejo Navarro Cerutti
6. Depolymerizating enzymes - cellulases
Carlos Simoes Nunes
7. Laccases - properties and applications
Carlos Simões Nunes, Adinarayana Kunamneni
Shivendra Kumar, Srijit Chakravarty
9. Non-starch polysaccharides (NSPs) enzymes - General Aspects
Habte-Michael Habte-Tsion, Vikas Kumar
10. Depolymerizating Enzymes in Human Food: Bakery, Dairy Products and Drinks
Parisa Fallahi, Habte-Michael Habte-Tsion, Waldemar Rossi Jr
11. Perspectives of non-starch polysaccharides (NSP) enzymes in nutrition
Habte-Michael Habte-Tsion, Vikas Kumar, Waldemar Rossi Jr
12. Proteases: General Aspects
13. Proteases – Human Food
14. Proteases - Animal Feed
15. Enzymes as Therapeutic Agents
Adinarayana Kunamneni, Christian Ogaugwu, Diwakar Goli
16. Enzymes as direct decontaminating agents – mycotoxins
Manjunath Manubolu, Lavanya Goodla, Kavitha Pathakoti, Kjell Malmlöf
17. Enzymatic decontamination of antimicrobials, phenols, heavy metals, pesticides, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, dyes and animal waste
Carlos Simões Nunes, Kjell Malmlöf
Carlos Simões Nunes, Petra Philipps-Wiemann
Enzymes and new or alternative food- and feedstuffs
19. Alternative and new sources of feedstuffs
20. Tyrosinases - Physiology, Pathophysiology and Applications
Carlos Simoes Nunes, Kurt Vogel
21. Probiotics and enzymes in the gastrointestinal tract
Carlos Simoes Nunes
22. Formulation of enzymes
Carlos Simoes Nunes, Petra Philipps-Wiemann
23. Analytic of enzymes
24. Registration of food and feed additives (enzymes) in USA, Canada and China
Carlos Simoes Nunes, Adinarayana Kunamneni, Vikas Kumar, Habte-Michael Habte-Tsion
25. Registration of food and feed additives - enzymes in the European Union
Guido Rychen, Hervé Toussaint
26. Economics of food and feed enzymes: status and perspectives
David A. Guerrand
27. General perspectives of enzymes, environment preservation and scarce natural resources - conclusions
Carlos Simoes Nunes
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 17th March 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Carlos Simões Nunes is a researcher with appointments at Estação Zootécnica Nacional in Fonte Boa, Portugal, and at INRA in France. He heads the Veterinary Department of Luena, Angola and manages cattle farms, slaughter houses and a fish farm in Angola. He has worked extensively in industry as Group leaders at Hoffmann-la-Roche and DSM and is Invited Professor at Nancy University in France.
CSN Consulting, Versailles, France
Dr. Vikas Kumar develops and teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in Aquatic Animal Nutrition. His research interest revolves around nutrition and physiology of fish and shellfish. The main aim of his research is to develop nutritionally balanced, environmentally sound and cost-effective diet for commercial fish and shellfish culture.
Division of Aquaculture, Kentucky State University, Frankfort, KY, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.