- Focus on enzyme nanotechnology, given the wide appeal of enzymes for diagnostics, therapy and biocatalysis
- Provision of a general background to the topic, but also a detailed description of synthesis, preparation and applications
Table of Contents
- About the author
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Enzyme and Nanotechnology
- What Are Nanoparticles and Nanotechnology?
- What Are Enzymes and Their Aggregates?
- What Are Enzyme Nanoparticles?
- How Are Nanoparticles of Enzymes Prepared?
- What Does This Book Describe?
- Chapter 2. Preparation of Enzyme Nanoparticles
- Method of ENPs Formation
- Chemistry of Formation and Functionalization of ENPs
- Chapter 3. Characterization of Enzyme Nanoparticles
- Chapter 4. Immobilization of Enzyme Nanoparticles
- Immobilization of HRP NPs Aggregates
- Immobilization of GOD NPs Aggregates
- Immobilization of ChOx NPs Aggregates
- Immobilization of Uricase NPs Aggregates
- Chemistry of Immobilization of ENPs
- Confirmation of Immobilization of ENPs
- Conjugation Yield and % Retention of Immobilized ENPs
- Chapter 5. Kinetic Properties of Enzyme Nanoparticles
- Optimum pH
- Optimum Temperature and Thermostability
- Response Time
- Km Value
- Working Range
- Storage Stability
- Chapter 6. Applications of Enzyme Nanoparticles
- HorseRadish Peroxidase (HRP) NPs-Based Biosensor
- Glucose Oxidase (GOD) NPs-Based Biosensors
- Cholesterol Oxidase (ChOx) NPs-Based Biosensor
- Uricase NPs-Based Biosensor
- Chapter 7. Future Development in Enzyme Nanoparticles
- Appendix. Enzymes Used in Day-to-Day Life
- Statistical Formulae for Precision and Correlation
- No. of pages: 82
- Language: English
- Copyright: © William Andrew 2015
- Published: May 16, 2015
- Imprint: William Andrew
- eBook ISBN: 9780323389297
- Paperback ISBN: 9780323389136
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Enzyme Nanoparticles"