Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- About the author
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Enzyme and Nanotechnology
- What Are Nanoparticles and Nanotechnology?
- What Are Enzymes and Their Aggregates?
- What Are Enzyme Nanoparticles?
- How Are Nanoparticles of Enzymes Prepared?
- What Does This Book Describe?
- Chapter 2. Preparation of Enzyme Nanoparticles
- Method of ENPs Formation
- Chemistry of Formation and Functionalization of ENPs
- Chapter 3. Characterization of Enzyme Nanoparticles
- Chapter 4. Immobilization of Enzyme Nanoparticles
- Immobilization of HRP NPs Aggregates
- Immobilization of GOD NPs Aggregates
- Immobilization of ChOx NPs Aggregates
- Immobilization of Uricase NPs Aggregates
- Chemistry of Immobilization of ENPs
- Confirmation of Immobilization of ENPs
- Conjugation Yield and % Retention of Immobilized ENPs
- Chapter 5. Kinetic Properties of Enzyme Nanoparticles
- Optimum pH
- Optimum Temperature and Thermostability
- Response Time
- Km Value
- Working Range
- Storage Stability
- Chapter 6. Applications of Enzyme Nanoparticles
- HorseRadish Peroxidase (HRP) NPs-Based Biosensor
- Glucose Oxidase (GOD) NPs-Based Biosensors
- Cholesterol Oxidase (ChOx) NPs-Based Biosensor
- Uricase NPs-Based Biosensor
- Chapter 7. Future Development in Enzyme Nanoparticles
- Appendix. Enzymes Used in Day-to-Day Life
- Statistical Formulae for Precision and Correlation
This book is the first book in English on nanotechnology and nanomaterials integrating with enzymatic systems, with a focus on nanoparticles and biological applications. It covers comprehensively the relevant topics to understand the development of enzyme nanoparticles as it relates to the complicated structures of enzyme nanoparticles and their functionalization and immobilization on to various supports. The preparation of enzyme nanoparticles, their kinetic properties and applications after immobilization of the immobilized enzyme nanoparticles is described. The use of colour images in all formats of the book will improve the understanding of the topics covered. The book offers an integration of Enzymology and Nanotechnology and provides the latest information on preparation of enzyme nanoparticles, their characterization, their functionalization and immobilization on to various supports and thereafter their kinetic properties and applications in various industries with special reference to Biosensor Technology.
- Focus on enzyme nanotechnology, given the wide appeal of enzymes for diagnostics, therapy and biocatalysis
- Provision of a general background to the topic, but also a detailed description of synthesis, preparation and applications
Researchers in industry and academia, in the fields of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Advanced Materials research, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Bio-Nanotechnology, Biosensor Technology, Nano-Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Life Sciences, Enzyme Catalysis and Biochemistry; Graduate and post-graduate students in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Materials Science, Biosensor Technology and Nano-Medicine courses
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2015
- 26th May 2015
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dept. of Biochemistry, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.