Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Environmental Management of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment illustrates the socioeconomic, technical and environmental perspectives of WEEE, allowing for a better understanding on how to manage this rapidly growing waste stream. The book addresses discharge of WEEE into ecosystems, occupational exposure to hazardous components of WEEE, and loss of recoverable resources, bridging the gap between community and waste management. By providing in-depth analysis and step-by-step descriptions of environmental strategies and procedures for managing electrical and electronic waste, this book is a valuable resource for environmental scientists, environmental engineers, and waste management professionals to achieve sustainability in WEEE.
- Presents the latest knowledge on the origin, identification and adverse effects of WEEE on humans and ecosystems
- Offers up-to-date analysis on environmental management tools, such as LCA, health risk, legalization, and policies for sustainable solutions for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- Includes details and analysis of the novel approaches proposed in recent years for resource recovery from WEEE
Researchers, practitioners, and students in environmental science, environmental management, and environmental engineering, waste management
PART 1 Introduction
1. Environmental Problems of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
Dilip K. Maiti
2. Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment and Environment. Context, Implications and Trends
Juan Francisco Velasco-Munoz Sr. and David Pozas-Ramos Sr.
3. E-Waste: An Emerging Threat To "One Health"
Part 2: Treatment Technologies for WEEE
4. Microbes Assisted Management and Recovery of Heavy Metals from Electronic Wastes
Murugappan Ramanathan and M. Karthikeyan
5. Biohydrometallurgical methods and the processes involved in the bioleaching of WEEE
Vidya Shetty K
6. Hybrid Bioleaching – An Emerging Technique for Extraction of Critical Metals from WEEE
7. Current trends and future perspectives of biobased methods for recovery of metals from WEEE for sustainable environment
8. Recycling of e-waste in concrete
9. Biological treatment, recovery and recycling of metals from waste printed circuit boards
10. Process engineering for bioleaching of metals from waste electrical and electronic equipment
PART 3 Environmental Management Tools for WEEE
11. Financial stimulation policy as a part of socio-economic intervention in the area of WEEE recycling
PART 4: Environmental Management for WEEE and Sustainability Paradigm
12. Achievement of Sustainability by tackling E-waste overpower
13. Advances in the Global Research on Sustainable Management of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Juan Francisco Velasco-Munoz Sr.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st April 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain, PhD is an Adjunct Professor and Director of Labs in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, USA. His research is focused on the applications of Nanotechnology & Advanced Technologies & Materials, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Management, and Various Industries. Dr. Hussain is the author of numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals as well as prolific author and editor of several (around 50 Books) scientific monographs and handbooks in his research areas published with Elsevier, Royal Society of Chemistry, John Wiley & sons, CRC, Springer etc.
Adjunct Professor and Director of Labs, Department of Chemistry and Environmental Science, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, NJ, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.