Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Textile engineering as a scientific discipline
2. Evolutionary aspects of product development in the textile and fashion industry with respect to marketing changes
3. Product development in engineering textiles
4. Key aspects of design conceptualization
5. Engineering design in the textile and garment industry
6. Engineering design for sustainability in the textile and garment industry
7. Material selection
10. Textile fabrics
11. Finished fibrous assemblies
12. Basic attributes of textile products
13. Performance characteristics of traditional textiles: Denim and sportswear products
14. Performance characteristics of technical textiles: Part I: E-textiles
15. Performance characteristics of technical textiles: Part II: Transportation textiles
16. Performance characteristics of technical textiles: Part III: Healthcare and protective textiles
Engineering Textiles: Integrating the Design and Manufacture of Textile Products, Second Edition, is a pioneering guide to textile product design and development, enabling the reader to understand essential principles, concepts, materials and applications. This new edition is updated and expanded to include new and emerging topics, design concepts and technologies, such as sustainability, the use of nanotechnology, and wearable textiles. Chapters cover the essential concepts of fiber-to-fabric engineering, product development and design of textile products, different types of fibers, yarns and fabrics, the structure, characteristics and design of textiles, and the development of products for specific applications, including both traditional and technical textiles.
This book is an innovative and highly valuable source of information for anyone engaged in textile product design and development, including engineers, textile technologists, manufacturers, product developers, and researchers and students in textile engineering.
- Presents an integrated approach to textile product design and development
- Guides the reader from initial principles and concepts, to cutting-edge applications
- Includes cutting-edge design concepts and major new technologies
Engineers across textiles, polymer science, and fiber science; textile technologists, manufacturers and product developers; researchers and students in textile engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 1st November 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Yehia E. Elmogahzy is currently Visiting Professor at Montclair State University, New Jersey. He was previously Dean of Math, Science, and Technology, at Ocean County College, New Jersey (2009-13), Professor of Polymer Engineering at Auburn University, Alabama (1986-2009), and Site Director at the National Textile Research Center (2007-09). Dr. Elmogahzy has been involved in leading research and teaching in textiles for 30 years. He is also a Member of the American Society for Quality Control (ASQC).
Visiting Professor, Montclair State University, New Jersey, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.