Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Fibrous Polymeric Composites
2. Nanostructures as Interlaminar Toughener at Polymeric Composite
3. Fibers and Textiles Reinforced Cementitious Composites
4. Functional Fibrous Materials for Wearable Energy Harvesting Applications
5. Smart Fibrous Materials
6. Imparting Strength into Nanofibrous Structures
7. Conductive Nanofibrous Materials for Supercapacitors
8. Stimuli-Responsive Nanofibrous Materials in Biomedical Applications
9. Engineered Biodegradable Melt Spun Fibers
10. Scent Encapsulation into Electrospun Nanofibers
11. Engineered Fibrous Materials Toward Solar Fuel Production and Environmental Remediation
12. Thermal Energy Storage and Management Applications Through Engineered Fibrous Material
13. Layered Double Hydroxide (LDH) and Their Potential Applications in Engineered Fibrous Materials
14. Electrochemical Nanofibers
Engineered Polymeric Fibrous Materials explains cutting edge techniques for the engineering of fibrous materials from physical, mechanical, and chemical points of view. Both conventional and nanofibers are described in this uniquely comprehensive book, for a wide range of applications including biomedical, automotive, aerospace, agriculture, energy, and environmental.
This book refers to recent advances made in both academia and industry, in topics such as fiber-reinforced composites, fibrous thermal insulators, drug delivery and tissue engineering, and smart textiles and energy, and explains how fibrous structures are engineered to offer new solutions to important problems. The first two chapters provide basic introductory information to allow a wider range of readers to engage with the book.
- Addresses hot emerging topics including smart materials, wearable energy harvesters, and solar fuel production
- Includes valuable technical advice that is useful to industries including aerospace, biomedical, and energy
- Covers the full lifecycle of the material, from processing and treatment through to end usage
Researchers, engineers, R&D professionals, and students interested in polymeric fibrous structures
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st June 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Masoud Latifi is Professor of Textile Engineering at the Advanced Textile Materials and Technology Research Institute of Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran. He previously held positions as visiting scholar at North Caroline State University and Georgia Institute of Technology, USA. In 2005 a paper he coauthored received an Award of Excellence from the International Journal of Clothing Science and Technology. He is also editor-in-chief of the Journal of Textiles and Polymers, Head of the Excellence Center for Functional Fibrous Structures & Environmental Enhancement, Amirkabir University of Technology, and Head of the Tehran Leather Institute of Science and Technology. He has published over 130 journal research papers, covering a range of topics and applications within fibers and nanofibers.
Professor of Textile Engineering, Advanced Textile Materials and Technology Research Institute, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.