Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Energy Storage in Energy Markets reviews the modeling, design, analysis, optimization and impact of energy storage systems in energy markets in a way that is ideal for an audience of researchers and practitioners. The book provides deep insights on potential benefits and revenues, economic evaluation, investment challenges, risk analysis, technical requirements, and the impacts of energy storage integration. Heavily referenced and easily accessible to policymakers, developers, engineer, researchers and students alike, this comprehensive resource aims to fill the gap in the role of energy storage in pool/local energy/ancillary service markets and other multi-market commerce.
Chapters elaborate on energy market fundamentals, operations, energy storage fundamentals, components, and the role and impact of storage systems on energy systems from different aspects, such as environmental, technical and economics, the role of storage devices in uncertainty handling in energy systems and their contributions in resiliency and reliability improvement.
- Provides integrated techno-economic analysis of energy storage systems and the energy markets
- Reviews impacts of electric vehicles as moving energy storage and loads on the electricity market
- Analyzes the role and impact of energy storage systems in the energy, ancillary, reserve and regulatory multi-market business
- Applies advanced methods to the economic integration of large-scale energy storage systems
- Develops an evaluation framework for energy market storage systems
Early career researchers focusing on applications of energy storage in energy systems, energy and regulation markets, the interactions between energy storage systems and market operators, as well as design and optimization of the energy systems
1. Energy market fundamentals and operation
2. Energy Storage Fundamentals and Components
3. Overview of the energy storage systems for wind power integration
4. Optimization of energy storage systems in energy markets
5. IGDT-based optimal low-carbon generation dispatch of power system integrated with compressed air energy storage systems
6. An Overview of Battery Economics in the Electric Vehicles Industry
7. Energy vehicles as means of energy storage: Impacts on Energy Markets and Infrastructure
8. Application of Electric Vehicles as Mobile Energy Storage Systems in the Deregulated Active Distribution Network
9. Economic Analysis of Energy Storage Systems in Multi-Carrier Micro-Grids
10. Optimal Resilient Scheduling of Multi-Carrier Energy Distribution Systems Considering Energy Storages and Plug-in Electric Hybrid Vehicles Contribution Scenarios
11. Optimal participation of electric vehicles aggregator in energy and flexible ramping markets
12. Electric vehicles as means of energy storage: participation in ancillary services markets
13. Evaluating the advantages of electric vehicle parking lots in day-ahead scheduling of wind-based power systems
14. Large-scale energy storages in energy, reserve, regulation and ancillary multi-markets
15. Electric Energy Storage Systems Integration in Energy Markets and Balancing Services
16. Reliability Modelling of Renewable Energy Sources with Energy Storage Devices
17. Reliability and Resiliency assessment in integrated of gas and electricity systems in presence of energy storage systems
18. Reliability Analysis and Role of Energy Storage in Resiliency of Energy Systems
19. Electric vehicles and electric storage systems participation in provision of flexible ramp service
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st May 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Behnam Mohammadi-Ivatloo received the B.Sc. in electrical engineering from the University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran, in 2006, and the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree from Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, in 2008. He is currently an Associate Professor with the Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran. His main area of research is economics, operation, and planning of intelligent energy systems in a competitive market environment. He has authored and co-authored more than 200 technical publications in his domain of interest, More than 30 book chapters and 10 books.
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran
Amin Mohammadpour Shotorbani is a postdoctoral research fellow in energy systems at the University of British Columbia. He is interested in Smart Grid technologies and nonlinear control methods to microgrids, FACTS, VSC-HVDC, HV-MTDC Grid, Renewable Integration, WADC and WAMS. His experience includes designing robust adaptive nonlinear control using CLF, CVLF, SMC, TSMC, FOC, and developing adaptive observer techniques for power system applications. He has also been involved in the implementation of distributed optimization techniques and designing decentralized control for power system applications.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of British Columbia, Okanagan, Canada
Amjad Anvari-Moghaddam is a postdoctoral researcher in energy technology at Aalborg University. He brings experience of AC/DC micro-grids for onshore/offshore applications, renewable energy systems and sustainable development, energy systems design, monitoring and supervisory control and operations research and its applications to energy systems, including mathematical modeling, linear and non-linear optimization, risk modeling and management, sensitivity analysis, and system identification.
Postdoctoral Researcher in Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.