Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part 1 Energy services
1. Energy services: concepts, applications and historical background
Abdeen Mustafa Omer
Part 2 Energy financing schemas
2. The promotion of renewable energy communities in the
Theodoros G. Iliopoulos
3. Financial schemes for energy efficiency projects: lessons learnt
from in-country demonstrations
Charikleia Karakosta, Aikaterini Papapostolou, George Vasileiou
and John Psarras
Part 3 Energy systems in buildings
4. Energy in buildings and districts
5. Renewable energy integration as an alternative to the traditional
ground-source heat pump system
Cristina Sa´ez Bla´zquez, David Borge-Diez, Ignacio Martı´n Nieto,
Arturo Farfa´n Martı´n and Diego Gonza´lez-Aguilera
6. Energy-saving strategies on university campus buildings: Covenant
University as case study
Sunday O. Oyedepo, Emmanuel G. Anifowose, Elizabeth O. Obembe
and Shoaib Khanmohamadi
7. Energy conversion systems and Energy storage systems
Jian Zhang, Heejin Cho and Pedro J. Mago
8. Energy systems in buildings
Part 4 Energy efficiency in industrial sector
9. Energy efficiency and renewable energy sources for industrial sector
10. Energy efficiency in tourism sector: eco-innovation measures and
Sa´nchez-Ollero Jose´-Luis, Sa´nchez-Cubo Francisco,
Sa´nchez-Rivas Garcı´a Javier and Pablo-Romero-Gil-Delgado Marı´a
Part 5 Energy services markets: development
and status quo
11. Energy service markets: status quo and development
12. Worldwide trends in energy market research
Esther Salmero´n-Manzano, Alfredo Alcayde
and Francisco Manzano-Agugliaro
13. Which aspects may prevent the development of energy service
companies? The impact of barriers and country-specific
conditions in different regions_
Marina Yesica Recalde
Energy Services Fundamentals and Financing, first volume of the Energy Services and Management series, provides a global view of energy services schemes and practices. The book discusses the role of energy services within the larger energy landscape and explores key technical aspects of energy systems for power, heating and cooling, including renewable energy systems and combined heat and power. The book analyzes energy efficiency in several electrical devices, such as motors, lighting and vehicles. It then examines actual energy services business models and policy, before presenting a quick reference section that includes key models and calculations.
- Provides an innovative approach to the fundamental aspects related with energy services, including technology implementation and financial schemes
- Discusses tools to measure process efficiency and sustainability in power and heating applications
- Includes case studies, models and calculations, both technical and financial, as well as downloadable data for simulation and modeling
Practitioners in energy utilities and energy consultants working with energy-heavy industry sectors and other large-scale energy consumers. Engineering professionals, researchers and graduate students working on issues related to energy planning and energy management, particularly with a background in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 30th October 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. David Borge-Diez is a researcher in the energy field that has developed his career both in research and engineering work. He has participated in many international projects involving energy efficiency and energy services, and, in the same time, has collaborated in research projects and work as a professor. He has published more than 30 international high impact articles, books and has participated in international energy congresses. He has a strong knowledge of the energy market both from a technical and economic point of view and is an expert in R&D projects, energy financing and energy markets.
Doctor of Industrial Engineering from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Industriales of the UNED and Industrial Engineer from the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria with postgraduate training at the level of Master in Business Administration and Management (University of Alcalá), Project Management (University of Salamanca), and Integrated Management Systems (University of the Balearic Islands). Dr Rosales-Asensio has published more than 20 scientific articles in JCR-indexed journals; he was, during a period of 20 months, PI of a R+D+i project with competitive call; he has participated, as associate editor, in editorial committees of JCR indexes journals; he has authored of 12 book chapters that gather results of scientific or technological research and edited 6 international books and 12 special issues of journals indexed in JCR. He worked, from October 2018 to February 2020, as a PhD Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of León (Spain). Since February 2020, he has been a Doctoral Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Campus de Tafira, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.