Covering the full spectrum of endoscopic ultrasound, Endosonography, 4th Edition, by Drs. Robert Hawes, Paul Fockens, and Shyam Varadarajulu, is a comprehensive, one-stop resource for mastering both diagnostic and therapeutic EUS procedures. Leading global authorities guide you step by step through both introductory and advanced techniques, covering everything from interpretation and accurate diagnosis to treatment recommendations. Dozens of how-to videos, high-quality images, and an easy-to-navigate format make this updated reference a must-have for both beginning and experienced endosonographers.
- Provides practical information on establishing an endoscopic practice, from what equipment to buy to providing effective cytopathology services.
- Employs a user-friendly templated format to cover all topics from basic applications to advanced interventions, with procedures organized by body system.
Section 1. Basics of EUS
1. Principles of Ultrasound
3. Training and Simulators
4. Indications, Preparation, and Adverse Effects
5. New Techniques in EUS: Real-Time Elastography, Contrast-Enhanced EUS, and Fusion Imaging
Section 2. Mediastinum
6. How to Perform EUS in the Esophagus and Mediastinum
7. EUS(B) and EBUS in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer
8. EUS in Esophageal and Gastric Cancer
9. EUS in the Evaluation of Posterior Mediastinal Lesions
Section 3. Stomach
10. How to Perform EUS in the Stomach
11. Subepithelial Lesions
Section 4. Pancreas and Biliary Tree
12. How to Perform EUS in the Pancreas, Bile Duct, and Liver
13. EUS in Inflammatory Disease of the Pancreas
14. EUS and Pancreatic Tumors
15. EUS in the Evaluation Pancreatic Cysts
16. EUS in Bile Duct, Gallbladder, and Ampullary Lesions
Section 5. Anorectum
17. How to Perform Anorectal EUS
18. EUS in Rectal Cancer
19. Evaluation of the Anal Sphincter by Anal EUS
Section 6. EUS-Guided Tissue Acquisition
20. How to Perform EUS-Guided Fine-Needle Aspiration
21. Techniques for EUS-Guided Fine-Needle Biopsy
22. Cytology Primer for Endosonographers
23. EUS-Guided Drainage of Pancreatic Fluid Collections
24. EUS-Guided Drainage of the Biliary-Pancreatic Ductal Systems and Gallbladder
25. EUS-Guided Ablation Therapy and Celiac Plexus Interventions
26. EUS-Guided Anastomosis, Drainage of Abdominal-Pelvic Fluid Collections, and Vascular Interventions
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 27th June 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Medical Director, Florida Hospital Institute for Minimally Invasive Therapy; Professor of Internal Medicine, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando, Florida
Professor and Chairman, University of Amsterdam Academic Medical Center, Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Medical Director, Florida Hospital Center for Interventional Endoscopy; Professor of Internal Medicine, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando, Florida
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.