Access all of the latest advances in thyroid disorder management on your favorite eReader with Endocrinology: Adult and Pediatric: The Thyroid Gland! Brought to you by the same leading endocrinologists responsible for the highly acclaimed two-volume Endocrinology clinical reference, this new thyroid disorder eBook enables you to give your patients the benefit of today's best know-how.
- Stay abreast of the newest knowledge and advances in thyroid disease, including the use of thyroglobulin assays and ultrasound vs. isotope scanning in thyroid cancer; the latest understanding of Graves’ eye disease; the use of I-131 in management of multinodular goiter; T4 transport defects causing thyroid hormone resistance; best practices in management of thyroid disease during pregnancy; and much more.
- Benefit from authoritative guidance on thyroid testing.
- Make the best clinical decisions with an enhanced emphasis on evidence-based practice in conjunction with expert opinion.
- Count on all the authority that has made Endocrinology, 6th Edition, edited by Drs. Jameson and DeGroot, the go-to clinical reference for endocrinologists worldwide.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability. Compatible with Kindle®, nook®, and other popular devices.
- Anatomy and Development of the Thyroid
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone: Physiology and Secretion
- Thyroid Regulatory Factors
- Thyroid Hormone Metabolism
- Mechanisms of Thyroid Hormone Action
- Thyroid Function Testing
- Thyroid Imaging
- Autoimmune Thyroid Disease
- Graves’ Disease
- Graves’ Ophthalmopathy
- Autonomously Functioning Thyroid Nodules and Other Causes of Thyrotoxicosis
- Chronic (Hashimoto’s) Thyroiditis
- Subacute and Riedel’s Thyroiditis
- Hypothyroidism and Myxedema Coma
- Nonthyroidal Illness Syndrome: A Form of Hypothyroidism
- Multinodular Goiter
- Iodine Deficiency Disorders
- Thyroid Neoplasia
- Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma and Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 2
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone Receptor Mutations
- Genetic Defects in Thyroid Hormone Synthesis and Action
- Thyroid Hormone Binding and Variants of Transport Proteins
- Resistance to Thyroid Hormone
- Surgery of the Thyroid
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Thyroid Disease During Pregnancy
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2010
- 7th May 2013
- eBook ISBN:
Research Professor, University of Rhode Island; Professor Emeritus, University of Chicago; President, MDTEXT.COM, Incorporated, South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Robert G. Dunlop Professor of Medicine, Dean, Raymond and Ruth Perelman, School of Medicine, Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania for the Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.