Give your patients the benefit of today's best adrenal endocrinology know-how with The Adrenal Gland, a new derivative book from the same expert endocrinologists responsible for the highly acclaimed two-volume textbook, Endocrinology: Adult and Pediatric. Never before available as a stand-alone offering, this compilation of chapters from the leading resource in endocrinology covers all material related to the adrenal gland.
- Stay abreast of the newest knowledge and advances in adrenal endocrinology, including…
- the molecular genetics of pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas
- the newest therapies for adrenocortical carcinoma, written by the organizers of the first major international trials
- a survey of adrenal imaging, authored by the world's major diagnostic imaging specialist on cross-sectional CT and MR scanning of the adrenal gland
- a comprehensive survey of adrenarche and the adrenopause - topics not adequately covered in most other adrenal endocrinology books
- and much more.
- Count on all the authority that has made Endocrinology, 6th Edition, edited by Drs. Jameson and De Groot, the go-to clinical medical reference for endocrinologists worldwide.
- Make the best clinical endocrinology decisions with an enhanced emphasis on evidence-based practice in conjunction with expert opinion.
- The Principles, Enzymes, and Pathways of Human Steroidogenesis
- Glucocorticoid Action: Physiology
- Glucocorticoid Receptors: Their Mechanisms of Action and Glucocorticoid Resistance
- Aldosterone: Secretion and Action
- Glucocorticoid Therapy
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Adrenal Causes of Hypercortisolism
- Defects of Adrenal Steroidogenesis
- Adrenarche and Adrenopause
- Adrenal Gland Imaging
- Adrenocortical Carcinoma
- Primary Mineralocorticoid Excess Syndromes and Hypertension
- Mineralocorticoid Deficiency
- Adrenal Surgery
- Cushing’s Syndrome
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 5th August 2013
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor of Endocrinology, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
Robert G. Dunlop Professor of Medicine, Dean, Raymond and Ruth Perelman, School of Medicine, Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania for the Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Research Professor, University of Rhode Island; Professor Emeritus, University of Chicago; President, MDTEXT.COM, Incorporated, South Dartmouth, Massachusetts