Apply the latest advances in management of neuroendocrine and pituitary disorders with the Neuroendocrinology & The Pituitary Gland! Brought to you by the same expert endocrinologists responsible for the highly acclaimed two-volume textbook, Endocrinology: Adult and Pediatric, this derivative book presents a compilation of chapters covering all material related to neuroendocrinology and the pituitary gland. Never before available as a stand-alone offering, this content will enable you to give your patients the benefit of today's best neuroendocrine and pituitary know-how from the leading resource in endocrinology.
- Stay abreast of the newest knowledge in neuroendocrinology and the pituitary gland, including…
- the most recent understanding of fundamental cellular and physiologic functions of the neuroendocrine system
- mechanisms underlying clinical disorders
- approaches to managing patients harboring disorders of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland
- and much more.
- Approach any subject either by specific gland or through a discussion of multi-hormonal integration of endocrine function, as led by the "master conductor of the endocrine orchestra," the pituitary gland.
- Gain a state-of-the-art understanding of comprehensive descriptors, integrating endocrine cell ontogeny, hormonal control of growth and maturation processes, and childhood and young adult pathophysiology with maturation and aging processes.
- Count on all the authority that has made Endocrinology, 6th Edition, edited by Drs. Jameson and De Groot, the go-to clinical medical reference for endocrinologists worldwide.
- Make the best clinical endocrinology decisions with an enhanced emphasis on evidence-based practice in conjunction with expert opinion.
- Development of the Pituitary
- Adrenocotricotropic Hormone
- Endocrine Rhythms, The Sleep-Wake Cycle, and Biological Clocks
- Hypothalamic Syndromes
- Hypopituitarism and Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Cushing’s Syndrome
- Clinically Nonfunctioning Sellar Masses
- Tsh-Producing Adenomas
- Disorders of Prolactin Secretion and Prolactinomas
- Pituitary Surgery
- Evaluation and Management of Childhood Hypothalamic and Pituitary Tumors
- Vasopressin, Diabetes Insipidus, and the Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone Secretion
- The Pineal Gland and Melatonin
- Regulation of Growth Hormone and Action (Secretagogues)
- Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 and its Binding Proteins
- Somatic Growth and Maturation
- Growth Hormone Deficiency in Children
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 5th August 2013
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Melmed co-edits Endocrinology: Basic and Clinical Principles, is the Neuroendocrine Section Editor for DeGroot and Jameson's Textbook of Endocrinology, and Williams Textbook of Endocrinology; and is pituitary section author for Harrison's Textbook of Medicine. In addition to being the Editor-in-Chief of Pituitary, he is on the editorial board of Journal of Clinical Investigation and past Editor-in-Chief of Endocrinology.
Professor of Medicine, Senior Vice President and Dean of the Medical Faculty, Cedars Sinai Health System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Robert G. Dunlop Professor of Medicine, Dean, Raymond and Ruth Perelman, School of Medicine, Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania for the Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Research Professor, University of Rhode Island; Professor Emeritus, University of Chicago; President, MDTEXT.COM, Incorporated, South Dartmouth, Massachusetts