Endocrine Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon."This book is an essential tool for any trainee with a special interest in endocrine surgery, and will also be of interest to experienced endocrine surgeons looking for a concise summary of recent research and current guidelines in this surgical specialty."
Reviewed by: St Vincent’s University Hospital, Nov 2014
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
- Parathyroid disease
- The thyroid gland
- The adrenal glands
- Familial endocrine disease: genetics, clinical presentation
- Endocrine tumours of the pancreas
- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumours
- Clinical governance, ethics and medico-legal aspects of endocrine surgery
- The salivary glands
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders Ltd. 2013
- 2nd August 2013
- Saunders Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: