Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Encyclopedia of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine provides a comprehensive collection of personal overviews on the latest developments and likely future directions in the field. By providing concise expositions on a broad range of topics, this encyclopedia is an excellent resource. Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine are relatively new fields still in their early stages of development, yet they already show great promise. This encyclopedia brings together foundational content and hot topics in both disciplines into a comprehensive resource, allowing deeper interdisciplinary research and conclusions to be drawn from two increasingly connected areas of biomedicine.
- Provides a ‘one-stop’ resource for access to information written by world-leading scholars in the fields of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
- Contains multimedia features, including hyperlinked references and further readings, cross-references and diagrams/images
- Represents the most comprehensive and exhaustive product on the market on the topic
Academics, researchers and students at undergraduate level and above including biomedical engineers, biomedical researchers, medical scientists, molecular biologists, stem cell scientists, and students and researchers in molecular biology. Within industry, bioengineers, biologists and stem cell researchers will also be interested. Pathologists as well
1. Overarching concepts in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
2. Stem cells of various kinds: provenance, classification and useful properties. (ESC, iPSC, tissue specific epithelia, mesenchymal, cord blood, etc.)
3. Stem cell niches in various tissues
4. Harnessing stem cells for tissue regeneration
5. Tissue engineering as a surgical discipline
6. Approaches to tissue engineering: matrix choices, organ decellularization
7. Creating artificial tissue niches for tissue engineering creating stem cell niches, bioreactors
8. Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine approaches and applications in various tissues: Brain, bone and joint, eye, gut, heart, kidney, lung, liver, muscle, pancreas, skin, tendon
9. Regulatory pathways and barriers to implementation of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
10. The value proposition for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine: how to get the job done
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 3rd June 2019
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor Rui L. Reis, PhD, DSc, Hon. Causa MD, Hon Causa PhD, FBSE, FTERM. He’s Vice-President for Research and Innovation of University of Minho, Portugal, Director of 3B’s Research Group and Director of ICVS/3B´s Associate Laboratory, both of UMinho. He’s the CEO of the European Institute of Excellence on Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, the Coordinator of the Discoveries Centre for Regenerative and Precision Medicine, the Global Past-President of the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society and the Editor-in-chief of the Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. He’s edited several books and has more 1225 published works listed on ISI Web of Knowledge, being an inventor of around 70 patents. He’s been awarded many important international prizes, including the TERMIS-EU contributions to the literature Award and the TERMIS-EU Career Achievement Award, and recently the UNESCO- International Life Sciences Award and the IET A. F. Harvey Engineering Research Prize.
Director and Professor, 3B´s Research Group, I3Bs – Institute on Biomaterials, Biodegradables and Biomimetics of University of Minho, Portugal
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.