Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Encapsulated Catalysts provides valuable information for chemists, chemical engineers, and materials scientists in this promising area. The book describes many kinds of encapsulated catalysts and their applications in chemistry, including organic, inorganic, hybrid, and biological systems.
Unlike other works, which discuss traditional supports, this useful resource uniquely focuses on extremely important topics, such as the encapsulation effects on reactivity and selectivity, the difficulty of their separation from reaction mixture, and/or their sensitivity to reaction conditions, and the limit of their industrial applications.
In addition, the book covers the immobilization of homogenous catalysts on inorganic or organic supports and how it enables the separation of homogenous catalysts, as well as the protection or reuse of catalysts.
- Discusses one of the most promising advances in catalysis and recent developments in the area, including enzyme mimic catalysts and new nano-materials for catalyst encapsulation
- Provides interdisciplinary coverage of organic, inorganic, and biological materials for encapsulation of catalysts
- Describes various types of reactions which can be catalyzed in presence of encapsulated catalysts
Researchers in chemistry and chemical engineering; secondarily in materials science
- Design and characterization of hierarchical porous inorganic solids for enzyme immobilization: Potential application to industrial processes
2. Palladium complexes and nanoparticles encapsulated by functionalized mesoporous silica materials, a promising hybrid catalyst in organic transformations
3. Encapsulated Catalysts for Synthesis of Bulk and Fine chemicals
4. Natural polymer organogels as matrices for enzyme immobilization
5. Surfactant-encapsulated polyoxometalate catalysts: supramolecular composition and synergistic catalysis
6. Zeolite encapsulated catalysis: challenges and prospects
7. Metal Catalysts Intercalated in Smectite Clays
8. Heterogeneous Catalysts Encapsulated in Inorganic Systems to Enhance Reaction Performances for XTL Processes
9. Selenium-containing catalysts encapsulated in protein systems
10. Catalysts encapsulated in nanostructured carbon systems
11. Novel Core-Shell Nanoparticle@Metal-Organic Framework Composite Materials as Heterogeneous Catalysts
12. Polymer incarcerated catalysts
13. Encapsulation of polyoxometalate catalysts into dendrimers: A step to stable and recoverable homogeneous DENDRI-POM catalysts for oxidation reactions
14. Encapsulated Porphyrins and phthalocyanines as catalyst for organic synthesis
15. Polymeric Resins as Nanoreactors for the Synthesis of Nanoparticles and their Catalytic Application to C-C Coupling
16. Catalysts Intercalated in Layered Double Hydroxides
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 13th June 2017
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Samahe Sadjadi was born in 1981 in Tehran, Iran. She received her PhD degree in 2009 after doing research in developing novel catalysts in organic chemistry at Azzahra University. She worked as Assessment Senior Expert of Nanotechnology and Green Energy in Hitech Technology and industry center and subsequently appointed as an assistant professor at Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute. She has co-authored several research papers and review articles in refereed journals and edited some books on nanomaterials including Nanoreactors. Her research interest includes catalysis, nanomaterials, and green chemistry.
Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute, Tehran, Iran