Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Emerging Technologies in Environmental Bioremediation introduces emerging bioremediation technologies for the treatment and management of industrial wastes and other environmental pollutants for the sake of environmental sustainability. Emerging bioremediation approaches such as nano-bioremediation technology, electro-bioremediation technology, microbial fuel cell technology, Modified Ludzack-Ettinger Process, Modified Activated Sludge Process, and phytotechnologies for the remediation of industrial wastes/pollutants are discussed in a comprehensive manner not found in other books. Furthermore, the book includes updated information as well as future directions for research in the field of bioremediation of industrial wastes.
This book will be extremely useful to students, researchers, scientists and professionals in the field of microbiology and biotechnology, Bio (chemical) engineers, environmental researchers, eco-toxicology, and many more.
- Includes the recovery of resources from wastewater
- Describes the importance of microorganisms in environmental bioremediation technologies
- Points out the reuse of treated wastewater through emerging technologies
- Pays attention to the occurrence of novel micro-pollutants
- Emphasizes the role of nanotechnology in pollutant bioremediation
Engineers, scientists who require an excellent introduction and basic knowledge to the principles of Environmental Bioremediation Technologies. Different professionals, mangers working or interested in the Environmental Microbiology or Bioremediation fields. Students of Environmental Biotechnology/Microbiology
- Immobilization of anaerobic ammonium oxidation bacteria for
nitrogen-rich wastewater treatment
2. Accelerated bioremediation of petroleum refinery sludge through
biostimulation and bioaugmentation of native microbiome
3. Degradation and detoxification of waste via bioremediation: a step toward
a sustainable environment
4. Fungal laccases: versatile green catalyst for bioremediation of
5. Emerging bioremediation technologies for the treatment of
wastewater containing synthetic organic compounds
6. Bacterial quorum sensing in environmental biotechnology: a new
approach for the detection and remediation of emerging pollutants
7. Bioremediation: an effective technology toward a sustainable
environment via the remediation of emerging environmental pollutants
8. Metagenomics in the remediation of contaminated sites
and environmental restoration
9. In situ bioremediation techniques for the removal of emerging
contaminants and heavy metals using hybrid microbial electrochemical
10. Gene-targeted metagenomics approach for the degradation of organic
11. Current status of toxic wastewater control strategies
12. Latest innovations in bacterial degradation of textile azo dyes
13. Development in wastewater treatment plant design
14. Engineering biomaterials for the bioremediation: advances in
nanotechnological approaches for heavy metals removal from natural
15. Algal<BACTERIAL treatment
16. Role of plant growth<PROMOTING in L.
17. Study of transport models for arsenic removal using nanofiltration
process: recent perspectives
18. Bioremediation and biorecovery of aqueous lead by local lead-resistant
19. Microbial bioremediation of azo dye through microbiological
20. Novel process of ellagic acid synthesis from waste generated from
mango pulp processing industries
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 24th April 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Maulin P. Shah (male), currently senior Environmental Microbiologist in Environmental Microbiology Lab at Bharuch, India. His major work involves isolation, screening, identification and Genetic Engineering of high impact of Microbes for the degradation of hazardous materials. He has edited 70 books with RSC, Wiley, Elsevier, Springer, CRC Press, De Gruyter, Nova Sciences in the area of Wastewater Microbiology. He is associated as Editorial Board member in more than 160 journals including Elsevier, Wiley, Springer, Taylor & Franscis, RSC. He has published 380 research papers in various journals.
Senior Environmental Microbiologist, Environmental Microbiology Lab, Bharuch, India
Susana Rodríguez-Couto (female) got her B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Chemistry (Industrial Chemistry) from the University of Santiago de Compostela in 1992 and her Ph.D. in Chemistry in 1999 from the University of Vigo, obtaining the maximal grade (magna cum laude) and, in addition, she was awarded with the Extraordinary Prize for Doctoral Thesis in Chemistry. She worked as an Associate Professor and an Isidro Parga Pondal Senior Researcher at the University of Vigo (2000-2004), as a Ramón y Cajal Senior Researcher at Rovira i Virgili University (2004-2008) and as an Ikerbasque Research Professor (2009-2019). She has also worked as an Invited Researcher at the Institute from Environmental Biotechnology, Graz University of Technology (Austria) and at the Department of Biological Engineering, University of Minho (Portugal). In 2008, she received the I3 Professor from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Education to the recognition of an outstanding research activity. In March 2021 she is joining LUT School of Engineering Science at Mikkeli, Finland, as a Full Professor in biological water treatment. She has published more than 140 articles in highly reputed international journals (h index 42). She is editor of several journals (3Biotech, Frontiers) and 14 Elsevier books.
Department of Separation Science, LUT School of Engineering Science, LUT University, Mikkeli, Finland
Dr. Sevinc Sengor research interests and expertise are in mathematical modeling of contaminants in the subsurface environments, biogeochemical processes, environmental bioremediation, water quality, modeling multiphase flow in porous media, and sustainable food-water-energy systems. She has been actively involved in various collaborative research projects including multi-component transport modeling of heavy metals in subsurface, uranium fate and transport modeling, applications of transport in nano-porous media for subsurface flows such as for oil and gas recovery, and development of novel techniques that are cost-effective and highly efficient to remove emerging contaminants in drinking water supplies. Her research articles are published in the top journals in the field including Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, Biochemical Engineering Journal, and Critical Reviews in Environmental Science & Technology. She has developed and taught graduate and upper division undergraduate courses in “Engineering Microbiology”, “Fate and Transport of Contaminants”, “Environmental Chemistry and Biology”, “Groundwater Hydrology and Contaminants”, as well as “Introduction to Environmental Engineering and Science”. She has supervised numerous doctoral dissertations, master thesis, and advised many undergraduate students. She has been serving as a reviewer in various journals of national and international reputation. She is an Associate Editor of the Journal of Environmental Management and Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Bioremediation and Biodegradation, and several other international journals.
Civil and Environmental Engineering, Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering, Southern Methodist University, TX, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.