Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Emerging Programs for Autism Spectrum Disorders: Improving Communication, Behavior, and Family Dynamics brings forward a hybrid and a transdisciplinary methodology to identifying mechanisms of how global autism is diagnosed, treated, and managed within personal and social constructs and values building on exemplary international experiences from across the globe. Luminary experts offer their superb level of expertise to us through their research, experience and clinical work. The book addresses all aspects of care, lifespan, and lifestyle issues from treatment to living. It will emphasize issues related to neurodiversity, individuality, best practices, and support of people on the Autism Spectrum, and their families. In addition, this book includes specific case studies highlighting family experiences and the application of best practices by therapists thereof.
- Provides a multidisciplinary approach of the diagnosis, management and treatment of autism spectrum disorders
- Includes specific case studies highlighting family experiences
- Emphasizes issues related to neurodiversity, individuality and improving quality of life
Researchers and clinicians in psychology, psychology, neuroscience, neurology and social work
Biological Perspectives on Autism
1. Bioactive lipids and potential effect on Autism
2. The Development of Symbolism from a Neuro-Geometric Perspective
3. Incidence of Psychopathology in Family Members of Toddlers Diagnosed with ASD
Family Dynamics and Autism
4. Parental World View and ASD: Familial stress in the 360° environment. Four Case studies in Europe
5. Parenting an Autistic Child
6. The Role of Animals in the Lives of People with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Communication and Autism
7. Pre-verbal Social Communication: Teacher Led Naturalistic Developmental Behavioral Interventions (NDBIs)
8. Technology, Media and Autism: Help to support individuals and families
9. Language Habilitation Through Typing Program for non-verbal and minimally verbal people with Autism
Activities and Management Programs for Autism
10. Weaving Inspirations for Active Projects to Share Meaning, from Autism to Art
11. The Future is Now: Educational Practices for Autism Spectrum Disorders that Build Foundations for Meaningful Lives Tomorrow
12. Good "Autism Education" is Just Good Education
13. Reconceptualizing Training as "Professional Formation" in the Field of Autism
14. Movements and development. Technologies of art-therapy in the complex rehabilitation of the children with intellectual disorders, including ASD
15. Robotics and Autism: A review of current applications of robotics for ASD
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st May 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Neophytos (Neo) Papaneophytou earned a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, and holds licenses in various US States. He has completed training in multiple areas of specialization, including “sexual abuse and neglect”, “personality disorders” and “trauma”. Dr. Neo has extensive experience with both “victims” and “abusers”, as well as with conditions/diagnoses pertinent to anxiety, mood disorders, depression, schizophrenia (severe and persistent mental illness), bereavement, divorce, adjustment issues, LGBTQU issues, ADHD, PTSD, school/behavioral issues and parenting among other. When working with clients (children, adults, and couples) Dr. Papaneophytou utilizes a client-centered approach in order to facilitate optimal therapeutic results and allow the client(s) to enjoy an improved quality of life. Behavior modification, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, transference-focused psychotherapy, dynamic psychotherapy and trauma-focused CBT are some of the techniques/therapies utilized in his practice. In addition to his clinical practice and research, Dr. Papaneophytou’s career includes previous teaching of multiple psychology courses for over 20 years at institutions such as the City University of New York, The State University of New York, and many other local and international universities, both at the undergraduate and graduate level. Dr. Papaneophytou is the founder and President of two (2) non-profit organizations, aiming at expanding awareness and offering actionable help to people on the Autism Spectrum and their families. He organizes the Annual Cyprus International Conference on Autism Treatment and Research, as well as the establishment of the model Center for Excellence: The Cyprus International Center for Autism Education Treatment and Research.
Mental Health Clinician, Private Practice
Undurti N. Das is an M.D. in Internal Medicine from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India; a Fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, India, and Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar prize awardee. Apart from clinical work, he is researching the role of polyunsaturated fatty acids, cytokines, nitric oxide, free radicals, and anti-oxidants in cancer, inflammation, metabolic syndrome, schizophrenia, sepsis, rheumatological conditions and autisms. His current interests include the epidemiological and molecular aspects of autism, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases and metabolic syndrome. Dr. Das was formerly scientist at Efamol Research Institute, Kentville, Canada; Professor of Medicine at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India and Research Professor of Surgery and Nutrition at SUNY (State University of New York) Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, USA. At present, he is the Chairman and Research Director of UND Life Sciences LLC, USA, and serves as a consultant to both Indian and USA based biotech and pharmaceutical companies. Undurti Das is the Editor-in-Chief of the international journal: Lipids in Health and Disease; and serves on the editorial board of another 10 international journals. Dr Das has more than 500 international publications and has been awarded 5 USA patents.
Internal Medicine from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India; Chairman and Research Director, UND Life Sciences LLC, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.