Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Emerging Programs for Autism Spectrum Disorder: Improving Communication, Behavior, and Family Dynamics brings forward a hybrid and a transdisciplinary methodology to identify methods used to diagnose, treat, and manage those with autism within personal and social constructs and values building exemplary international experiences from across the globe. Luminary experts offer their superb level of expertise through their research, experience, and clinical work. The book addresses all the aspects of care, lifespan, and lifestyle issues from treatment to living. It will emphasize issues related to neurodiversity, individuality, best practices, and support of people on the Autism Spectrum and their families. In addition, this book includes specific case studies, highlighting family experiences and the application of best practices by therapists thereof.
- Provides a multidisciplinary approach of the diagnosis, management and treatment of autism spectrum disorders
- Includes specific case studies highlighting family experiences
- Emphasizes issues related to neurodiversity, individuality and improving quality of life
Researchers and clinicians in psychology, psychology, neuroscience, neurology and social work
1. Stress experience and life for parents of autistic individuals: Four case studies in focus
2. Bioactive Lipids and the Prevention and Management of Autism
3. Is Autism Treatable?
4. Classical Child Autism: Can we prevent it?
5. Methods to improve imitation in young children with autism: A review
6. Disruption to Embodiment in Autism, and Its Repair
7. Mind, Body, Space and Time: The Neuro-Geometric Approach a New Roadmap to Symbol Formation A Dynamic DIR Informed Perspective
8. The Future is Now: Educational Practices for Autism Spectrum Disorders that Build Foundations for Meaningful Lives Tomorrow
9. Aggression in Young Children on the Autistic Spectrum: The Dysregulation- "Aggression" Hypothesis
10. Good Autism Education is Just Good Education
11. Treatment of eating disorders of infants diagnosed with autism applying the Mifne method: A Clinical Case Study
12. Applied Behaviour Analysis and Verbal Behaviour Interventions in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Associated Learning Difficulties
13. Reconceptualizing Training as Professional Formation in the Fields of Autism and Infant Mental Health
14. Parenting an Autistic Child
15. Movements and development. Technologies of art-therapy in the complex rehabilitation of the children with intellectual disorders, including ASD
16. Robotics and Autism: A review of current applications of robotics for ASD
17. The importance of motor assessment and current motor assessment tools available for individuals with ASD
18. Autism and Employment: Challenges and strategies for a bright future
19. Psychopharmacology of Autism Spectrum Disorders and Other Related Comorbidities
20. Language Habilitation Through Typing Program For Nonverbal And Minimally Verbal People With Autism: The Phaedrus Approach Introduction To Nonverbal And Minimally Verbal People With Autism
21. Full Circle Autism Care Includes Family Relationships and Dynamics: Practical Application
22. Rhythm, Rooting, Range, and Repetition: Elements of Play that Promote Regulation and Engagement
23. Asperger syndrome & adolescent girl: Understanding the rhythm of emotions towards the struggle with social relationships - cognitive-behavioural and narrative therapy
24. Emotion regulation: A target for improving mental health in autism
25. ASD and Child Maltreatment: Forensic Considerations
26. The Use of Scripts by Children with ASD: A Puzzle and an Opportunity
27. Transformed by the journey: Building community with diverse fathers of people with autism
28. A Relationship-Based Integrative Model of Intervention for Autism Spectrum Disorders
29. From autistic teenager to adult in decision making– a parent’s perspective
30. Physical, Sexual and Psychological Child Abuse of a Nine-Year Old Autistic Child
31. Intersubjectivity Through Dyadic States of Consciousness
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 25th June 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Neophytos (Neo) Papaneophytou earned a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, and holds licenses in various US States. He has completed training in multiple areas of specialization, including “sexual abuse and neglect”, “personality disorders” and “trauma”. Dr. Neo has extensive experience with both “victims” and “abusers”, as well as with conditions/diagnoses pertinent to anxiety, mood disorders, depression, schizophrenia (severe and persistent mental illness), bereavement, divorce, adjustment issues, LGBTQU issues, ADHD, PTSD, school/behavioral issues and parenting among other. When working with clients (children, adults, and couples) Dr. Papaneophytou utilizes a client-centered approach in order to facilitate optimal therapeutic results and allow the client(s) to enjoy an improved quality of life. Behavior modification, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, transference-focused psychotherapy, dynamic psychotherapy and trauma-focused CBT are some of the techniques/therapies utilized in his practice. In addition to his clinical practice and research, Dr. Papaneophytou’s career includes previous teaching of multiple psychology courses for over 20 years at institutions such as the City University of New York, The State University of New York, and many other local and international universities, both at the undergraduate and graduate level. Dr. Papaneophytou is the founder and President of two (2) non-profit organizations, aiming at expanding awareness and offering actionable help to people on the Autism Spectrum and their families. He organizes the Annual Cyprus International Conference on Autism Treatment and Research, as well as the establishment of the model Center for Excellence: The Cyprus International Center for Autism Education Treatment and Research.
Mental Health Clinician, Private Practice
Undurti N. Das is an M.D. in Internal Medicine from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India; a Fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, India, and Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar prize awardee. Apart from clinical work, he is researching the role of polyunsaturated fatty acids, cytokines, nitric oxide, free radicals, and anti-oxidants in cancer, inflammation, metabolic syndrome, schizophrenia, sepsis, rheumatological conditions and autisms. His current interests include the epidemiological and molecular aspects of autism, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases and metabolic syndrome. Dr. Das was formerly scientist at Efamol Research Institute, Kentville, Canada; Professor of Medicine at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India and Research Professor of Surgery and Nutrition at SUNY (State University of New York) Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, USA. At present, he is the Chairman and Research Director of UND Life Sciences LLC, USA, and serves as a consultant to both Indian and USA based biotech and pharmaceutical companies. Undurti Das is the Editor-in-Chief of the international journal: Lipids in Health and Disease; and serves on the editorial board of another 10 international journals. Dr Das has more than 500 international publications and has been awarded 5 USA patents.
Internal Medicine from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India; Chairman and Research Director, UND Life Sciences LLC, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.