1. Nanopharmaceutics in immunology: what's new in research?
Ranjita Shegokar, Ana Rita Fernandes and Eliana Souto
2. Skin delivery of antimicrobial peptides
Monika Schaefer-Korting and Jens Rolff
3. Skin penetration of nanoparticles
Shohreh Nafisi and Howard I. Maibach
4. Regulatory and risk assessment perspective for Core-Multishell Nanocarriers: A novel excipient on its way towards marketing authorization
Sam D. More, Margret More, Florian Paulus, Emanuel Fleige amd Marcin Libera
5. Anti-inflammatory drugs: Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology approach
Andjelka B. Kovačevic, Sergio M.C.Silva and Slavomira Doktorovova
6. New strategies for the treatment of auto-immune diseases using nanotechnologies
Amelia M. Silva, Joao R. Siopa, Carlos Martins-Gomes, Maria C. Teixeira, Dario J. Santos, Maria dos Anjos Pires and Tatiana Andreani
7. Nanopharmaceutics Applications in Inhaler Systems
Aysu Yurdasiper, Mesut Arici and Mine Ozyazici
8. Immunomodulatory Effects of Curcumin in infectious and non-infectious diseases
9. Advances in Antibiotic Nanotherapy: Overcoming Antimicrobial Resistance
Teixeira, M.C., Sanchez-Lopez, E., Espina, M., Calpena, A.C., Silva, A.M., Veiga, F.J., Garcia, M. L., Souto, E.B.
Emerging Nanotechnologies in Immunology: The Design, Applications and Toxicology of Nanopharmaceuticals and Nanovaccines aims to deliver a systematic and comprehensive review of data concerning the nature of interaction and nano-related risks between the nanopharmaceuticals currently in the pipeline of S&T development for skin, ocular and nasal drug delivery, including absorption, toxicity, and the ability to distribute after systemic exposure. The book's contributors address a representative set of the broad spectrum of nanopharmaceutics presently being used, including cationic lipid nanoparticles, polymeric PLGA, PLA nanoparticles, biomacromolecules-based nanoparticles, and other scaffolds tissue-engineered skin substitutes.
In addition, regulation and risk are also covered since the safety of these nanopharmaceuticals still represents a barrier to their wide and innovative use.
- Provides a thorough knowledge of the safety aspects of nanopharmaceuticals currently under research
- Focuses on the characterization and quantification of nanopharmaceutics to allow readers to understand the correlation between the nature of the materials and their potential nanotoxicological effects
- Includes a thorough overview of legal and regulatory aspects and a discussion of the ethical issues related to the R&D of nanopharmaceuticals
Academics, researchers and scientists, as well as post-graduates, developing their research in the area of Topical Drug Delivery; Policy makers and pharmaceutical companies and learned societies, associations and research groups working in topical nanopharmaceuticals
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 1st May 2018
- Hardcover ISBN: