Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Emerging Concepts in Ribosome Structure, Biogenesis, and Function provides a synthesized overview on all parts in this process. The book begins with an introduction to the ribosome factory, its origin and its evolution of translation. Sections discuss subunits, RNA, protein components, and its emergence as a frontier research area for translational potential in cancer and other diseases. In addition, the book explores current developments in ribosome research, including the emergence of ribosomopathies, how deregulation of ribosome biogenesis can impact disease mechanisms and aging, and the discovery of specialized ribosomes.
This book provides the emerging research on ribosomes, their biogenesis, and other important topics on structure and function. Therefore, it will serve as a resourceful introduction for both new researchers and those engaged in interdisciplinary ribosomal research.
- Provides an overview of ribosome biogenesis and examines its involvement in cell transformation and cancerous growth
- Covers disorders related to the ribosome (ribosomopathies)
- Explains the significance of ribosome dysfunction in human diseases
- Includes commonly used methods to study ribosomes, such as polysome preparation, RNA analysis and proteomics, CryoEM, and Cell-free assays, along with proper illustrations
Researchers and academics in molecular and cell biology, cancer biology, and microbiology; doctors and clinicians active in ribosome disease research; graduate students, postdocs
1. Introduction to ribosome factory, origin and evolution of translation (+ Mitoribosomes)
2. Ribosome - subunit structure, RNA and protein components
3. rDNA gene structure, transcription and their co-regulation (+ Nucleolar dynamics)
4. Ribosomal proteins - their balanced production
5. Ribosome cycle - assembly, degradation and recycling (+ ubiquitination)
6. Ribosomal biogenesis, Cell growth and Cell cycle
7. Ribosomal protein dynamics in Embryonic stem cells / during development
8. Protein synthesis - Translation control
9. Protein folding on ribosomes
10. Ribosomal control of viral RNA translation
11. Drug-induced Ribosomal frameshifting
12. Ribosome inhibition by antibiotics and other compounds
13. Ribosome and Cancer, Ribosomal proteins as tumor suppressors, Ribosomopathies
14. Ribosome profiling - Polysome preparation, RNA analysis and proteomics
15. The role of ribosome biogenesis in aging
16. CryoEM and Cell free assays
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st April 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Vijay Kumar has made outstanding contributions to the field of nanosilicon including the finding of silicon fullerenes and nanotubes. He has done extensive research on clusters of a variety of materials and in other areas of condensed matter. He was Chairman of Subject Group "Computer Aided Design of Materials" in MRS India and has held senior positions in India, Europe and Japan.
Vijay Kumar Foundation, Chennai, India