Small animal veterinarians of all specialties and at all stages in their careers will find the new edition of Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian their invaluable one-stop shop for the information they need to provide optimal patient care in an emergency situation. Readers familiar with the previous edition will be pleased to see the text comprehensively updated, with much new content and many new features including an all-color design to make finding information easier than ever. Those coming to the book for the first time will appreciate its clarity of structure, its concise and practical approach and its step-by-step presentation of key information, all of which will prove their worth time and again in each new emergency, whatever the species. For those working as a solo doctor in an emergency practice, Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian third edition will fulfil the role of a substitute colleague when further information is needed quickly. No small animal clinician will want to be without a copy.
New to this edition
- Contains two new chapters on supportive care (fluid therapy, oxygen supplementation, analgesia, nutritional support) and shock
- Presents the latest recommendations for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Includes the latest diagnostic testing regimens
- Offers current therapeutic recommendations including analgesia and nutritional support
- Dr Plunkett is joined by new co-authors for respiratory emergencies and emergencies of the urinary tract, and for a completely revised and augmented exotics chapter
- Contains major updates, revisions and expansions of the toxicologic emergencies chapter
Metabolic and Endocrine Emergencies
Urogenital and Reproductive Emergencies
Neurologic and Ocular Emergencies
Emergencies in Exotic Species
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders Ltd. 2012
- 30th October 2012
- Saunders Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Director, Urgent Care at Animal Health Services, Member, VECCS, Society of Critical Care Medicine, Arizona Veterinary Medical Association, and American Veterinary Medical Association Cave Creek, Arizona
"The book is packed with very practical tips which are obivously the fruit of the author's experience. Each chapter is also backed with list of references."
Royal Canin - Vet's Today, December 2013
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.