Emergency Medicine, 2nd Edition delivers all the relevant clinical core concepts you need for practice and certification, all in a comprehensive, easy-to-absorb, and highly visual format. This well-regarded emergency medicine reference offers fast-access diagnosis and treatment guidelines that quickly provide the pearls and secrets of your field, helping you optimize safety, efficiency, and quality in the ED as well as study for the boards.
- Get clear, concise descriptions and evidence-based treatment guidelines for a full range of clinical conditions, ranging from the common to the unusual.
- Find the information you need quickly with a highly visual format that features hundreds of full-color clinical photographs, illustrations, algorithms, tables, and graphs, plus key information highlighted for fast reference.
- Consult high-yield text boxes in every chapter for Priority Actions, Facts and Formulas, Documentation, Patient Teaching Tips, Red Flags, and Tips and Tricks.
- Make the most of your limited time with easy-to-digest blocks of information, consistently presented for clear readability and quick reference.
- Study efficiently and effectively for the boards, or rapidly consult this title in daily practice, thanks to well-organized chapters, a superb use of images and diagrams, and clinically relevant, easy-to-understand content.
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise of renowned educators, dedicated to compiling today’s best knowledge in emergency medicine into one highly useful, readable text.
1 Airway Management
2 Advanced Airway Techniques
3 Mechanical Ventilation
5 Cardiac Emergency Ultrasound: Evaluation for Pericardial Effusion & Cardiac Activity
6 Ultrasound-Guided Vascular Access
7 Cardiac Arrest Management and the Post-Cardiac Arrest Syndrome
8 Trauma Resuscitation
9 Sonography for Trauma
10 Procedural Sedation
11 Resuscitation in Pregnancy
12 Newborn Resuscitation
13 Pediatric Resuscitation
14 General Approach to the Pediatric Patient
15 Emergencies in the First Weeks of Life
16 Emergencies in Infants and Toddlers
17 Child with a Fever
18 Approach to the Pediatric Patient with Rashes
19 Pediatric Cardiac Disorders
20 Pediatric Genitourinary and Renal Disorders
21 Pediatric Gynecological Disorders
22 Pediatric Abdominal Disorders
23 Pediatric Trauma
24 Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury
25 Pediatric Orthopedic Emergencies
26 Eye Emergencies
27 Ear Emergencies
28 Dental Emergencies
29 Pharynx and Throat Emergencies
30 Maxillofacial Disorders
31 Esophageal Disorders
32 Diseases of the Stomach
33 Gastrointestinal Bleeding
34 Mesenteric Ischemia
36 Inflammatory Bowel Disease
40 Bowel Obstructions
41 Anorectal Disorders
42 Liver Disorders
43 Pancreatic Disorders
44 Biliary Tract Disorders
45 Emergency Biliary Ultrasonography
46 Gastrointestinal Devices, Procedures, and Imaging
47 Bariatric Surgery Complications
49 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
50 Lung Infections
52 Pleural Effusion
53 Lung Transplant Complications
54 Chest Pain