The second edition of Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of clinical procedures and issues encountered in contemporary emergency care in Australia and New Zealand.
Written by leading academics and clinicians, this fully revised and updated edition follows the patient’s journey from pre-hospital retrieval to definitive care. With a strong focus on multidisciplinary care, this evidence-based emergency and trauma resource will appeal to pre-hospital care providers, rural, remote and urban emergency nurses and allied health professionals, as well as disaster management and interfacility transport staff.
Essential concepts are covered in a logical order, commencing with:
- An introduction to emergency professions and professional issues
- Clinical and health systems
- Patient presentations ordered by body system as well as toxicology, envenomation, ocular, environmental emergencies and unique population groups
- Major trauma assessment and management and end-of-life care information and considerations.
Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics 2e continues to be the pre-eminent resource for students preparing to enter the emergency environment and for clinicians seeking a greater understanding of multidisciplinary care from retrieval through to rehabilitation.
- A cultural safety approach is included throughout - addressing cultural diversity, beliefs and values and focusing on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and Mãori health
- Essentials outline the main points addressed in each chapter
- Practice tips throughout assist with communication skills, procedures and assessment
- Case studies are supported by questions and answers to encourage active learning
- New online resources available on Evolve, including over 30 new case studies with paramedic-specific questions.
Section 1: Overview of Emergency Care
Section 2: Systems and Clinical Fundamentals
Section 3: Clinical Concepts and Systems
Section 4: Emergencies
Section 5: Major trauma
Section 6: End of Life
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2016
- 15th September 2015
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
RN BN Grad Dip (Crit Care) MNurs (Hons) PhD, Associate Professor at Sydney Nursing School, University of Sydney, Trauma Clinical Nurse Consultant, St George Hospital, Sydney
MA (Health Service Management) MA (Health Care Ethics Area), Executive Director of Nursing and Midwifery, Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, NSW Health, Sydney, and Associate Professor, Health, University of Technology Sydney, NSW, AUS