Prepare for success on your Veterinary Assisting exam with a comprehensive review! Elsevier’s Veterinary Assisting Exam Review is the only review book for Veterinary Assistants. An illustrated, outline format makes it easier to review veterinary assisting topics such as laboratory, examination room, office, and hospital procedures; surgical preparation; pharmacology; imaging; and client relations. Written by experienced veterinary technician educator Margi Sirois, this review also includes an Evolve website with nearly 1,000 exam questions and customizable practice tests.
UNIQUE! The only review book on the market for Veterinary Assistants!
- Convenient, easy-to-follow outline format provides comprehensive coverage of key veterinary assisting concepts and topics.
- High-quality illustrations and clinical photos show equipment, animal care, and procedures.
- Coverage of animal nursing includes small, large, and exotic animals, as well as avian care.
- Nearly 1,000 questions are provided on the Evolve website, and allow you to select and answer questions in specific categories in Practice mode or to generate credentialing exam-style tests in Exam mode.
- Combination of questions, answers, and detailed rationales ensures that you fully comprehend the type of information being asked and why a specific answer choice is best.
- Foundations of Veterinary Assisting
2. Office and Hospital Procedures
3. Communication and Client Relations
4. Pharmacy and Pharmacology
5. Examination Room Procedures
6. Small Animal Nursing
7. Surgical Preparation and Assisting
8. Laboratory Procedures
9. Diagnostic Imaging
10. Large Animal Nursing and Husbandry
11. Avian and Exotic Animal Care and Nursing
Appendix: Practice AVA Exam
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2022
- 19th March 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Margi Sirois is certified as both a veterinary technician & laboratory animal technician and has over 25 years of experience as a veterinary technician educator in both traditional and distance education programs. She is a past-president of the Association of Veterinary Technician Educators and the Kansas Veterinary Technician Association and co-founder and current president of the Academy of Veterinary Technician Specialists in Education
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.